Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Crowd Predictions for Swans vs Pies @ ANZ Stadium

Weather permitting I reckon a bit over 50k...say 51348.
    I don't know why, but I have a good feeling about this one....Swans by 17.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    Weather permitting I reckon a bit over 50k...say 51348.
    I don't know why, but I have a good feeling about this one....Swans by 17.
    thats how i felt aust v germany

Quote Originally Posted by Swanner View Post
    thats how i felt aust v germany
    Ouch

Perfect conditions and 50,000.

No excuse for the SCG next time.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    Who is Train?
    Have you ever noticed that Train's big hit Drops of Jupiter is a complete and utter rip off of Drift Away by Dobie Gray?? Is it just me??? Anyway, that's what I thought the second I first heard the song and just couldn't take them seriously after that.

Crowd prediction from me - a cold, but no less fired up one.

Suspended by the MRP
    How many custard pies fans are likly to turn up to be dissapointed may hold the key?

48769?

Shocking News: Thousands of Collingwood Fans to come to ANZ Stadium

A message from Mr. Ireland...

We are just 8 days out from the Sydney Swans biggest game of the season so far! I write to you, our loyal members, with a very simple message - WE NEED YOU AT THE GAME!

Our members have been turning up to our games in very impressive numbers this year, and as Jarrad McVeigh said after the victory over Essendon...the voice and the presence of the crowd make a difference!

Importantly though, we need you all to go to the next level. To lift the team to a win over Collingwood we need you to bring along your friends and family who normally support our Sydney Swans from their armchairs. Only YOU can get them out of the lounge room and convince them to lend their voices to the Syyyyyd-neeeeey chorus.

The Collingwood Magpies have a large, mobile supporter base and judging by ticket sales so far, they are going to descend onto OUR turf. As loyal, vocal and proud Red and White Swans members, we need to collectively ensure we are not outnumbered at our home ground. It is critical we have overwhelming support for the Swans at ANZ Stadium, and every one of our supporters is there to enthusiastically and passionately cheer our boys onward to victory.

Our team is looking to consolidate its spot in the top eight and prove itself a genuine threat in the run to September.

With the likely return of Rhyce Shaw and Daniel Bradshaw for this game, and the return last week of Tadhg Kennelly and Ben McGlynn, we will bolster our run off half back, and the potency of our forward line. To help the team avenge the losses of past seasons, you and your network can create the biggest Swans crowd of the year in our biggest game of the year so far.

To help you get you, your friends and family involved as active, vocal Red and White supporters for this game, we would like to offer you $10 off a GOLD adult ticket available exclusively for purchase online. It's been five long years since we've sung our song to silence the Black and White faithful. Be at the game and be able to say..."I made a difference, I spurred the boys on.'

You and your friends could be the extra 1% that gets us over the line on Saturday 26 June under lights at ANZ Stadium. It's time for the Red and White to UNITE!

Regards

Andrew Ireland
    CEO
    Sydney Swans

Quote Originally Posted by Danzar View Post
    Have you ever noticed that Train's big hit Drops of Jupiter is a complete and utter rip off of Drift Away by Dobie Gray??
    Ah.....no, I'm afraid it's just you. They are nothing alike at all. A tiny similarity of note and chord change in the refrain "Tell me" and "Give me the beat boys" buuut that's it, I'm afraid. The feel is completely different. Drops of Jupiter is a shuffle for a start.
    "I'll acknowledge there are more talented teams in the competition but I won't acknowledge that there is a better team in the competition" Paul Roos March 2005

...we would like to offer you $10 off a GOLD adult ticket available exclusively for purchase online....
    They'd be much better served by offering CHEAP (ie. absolutely no more than $20) tickets for family/friends to sit in the red zone with members.

It's obviously much better if the friends you get tix for can actually sit with you, which won't be an option if they just purchase random 'GOLD' tix.

If members with reserved GOLD/PLATINUM seats want to take up the offer, they can purchase the tix and sit in the red zone with us common folk and on-sell their platinum seats for the night.

If this could get the crowd closer to 70K+, what a sensational atmosphere it would provide to give first timers a taste of our great game.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Yep the red zone needs a better atmosphere and that will be through more people.

they should do what they did for the St Kilda game and offer half price tickets for SCG game members!

Quote Originally Posted by sharp9 View Post
    Ah.....no, I'm afraid it's just you. They are nothing alike at all. A tiny similarity of note and chord change in the refrain "Tell me" and "Give me the beat boys" buuut that's it, I'm afraid. The feel is completely different. Drops of Jupiter is a shuffle for a start.
    Whaa??
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast