Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Crowd Predictions for Swans vs Pies @ ANZ Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    They'd be much better served by offering CHEAP (ie. absolutely no more than $20) tickets for family/friends to sit in the red zone with members.

It's obviously much better if the friends you get tix for can actually sit with you, which won't be an option if they just purchase random 'GOLD' tix.

If members with reserved GOLD/PLATINUM seats want to take up the offer, they can purchase the tix and sit in the red zone with us common folk and on-sell their platinum seats for the night.

If this could get the crowd closer to 70K+, what a sensational atmosphere it would provide to give first timers a taste of our great game.
    If I sold my Platinum reserved seat to buy one of these, I would be losing money and I would have to sit with the common folk. No thanks. Chardonnay and Smoked Salmon over beer and chips anyday.

I better make sure my car is locked with all the toothless horde coming.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Bas View Post
    If I sold my Platinum reserved seat to buy one of these, I would be losing money and I would have to sit with the common folk. No thanks. Chardonnay and Smoked Salmon over beer and chips anyday.

I better make sure my car is locked with all the toothless horde coming.
    Might be better to leave the car at home....

As far as a crowd figure goes I think anything less than 50k would be a major disapointment to both the Swans and the AFL.
    Despite a 9.00am to 6.00pm day at work on Saturday and a mad rush to get there by the opening bounce, I'll be there and be ready to leave my vocal chords at the game to cheer on the boys to hopefully a big win over the Black & White scum.
    Red & White forever.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Rain might dampen the crowd numbers (no pun intended)

well looks like i dont have to go away for the weekend now, so there will be at least an extra 2-5 people at the game, doing our part for the bloods!

Good warm up to Portugal vs Brazil.
    -

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CJK View Post
    Good warm up to Portugal vs Brazil.
    Better check the WC schedule again CJK.
    Possible warmup to an exciting England v Australia matchup! But most likely something boring like Slovenia v Serbia

On the Rookie List
    Hoping for 50K - but looking on ticketek website - they are still selling most tickets in the bottom elevation. My view has been that when the bottom bowl 'looks' full (this usually means there are people sitting in the top decks too) that it equals about $45k. Not sure about the past few seasons - but the usual vibe has been that whatever the ticket presales were for the Collingwood match would translate into abuot a further 20% of attendance from people coming on the night (people rocking up + anz members etc).

I'll be there!

I remember being there in '08 when we played North Melbourne and it was pissing down, only approximately 20k turned up..... but F#@$ me it sounded like 40k+ were there! I really hope we get more than 50,000 would make for an amazing atmosphere!

Peace

I am very scared of having "Pies People" sitting next to me on Sat. night. Will spoil my enjoyment.
    Does anyone know if I can ring up and purchase the seats next to mine ? (if not already sold).

Quote Originally Posted by Margo View Post
    I am very scared of having "Pies People" sitting next to me on Sat. night. Will spoil my enjoyment.
    Does anyone know if I can ring up and purchase the seats next to mine ? (if not already sold).
    You sure can Margot- just tell ticketek where your seats are and they can check if the ones next to you are free.

Make sure you mention you are a Swans member, you will get a 10% discount.

Cheer cheer

Larissa

Yarraville, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    I noticed that the crowd at the Australia-England rugby test looked awful on Saturday night. Maybe the World Cup is taking the part-timer & casual match attendees' minds off the Swans at the moment.

Still the Swans brand is a resilient one. We still drew over 60000 despite the Socceroos being in Germany in 2006. Would be happy with 50000. I can tell you, that EVERY SINGLE sporting team in the harbour city were die and go to heaven if they even drew 40000. The Swans will be disappointed if they don't draw 50k!

I just don't know whether to get my hopes up yet again this year.

JF
    "Never ever ever state that Sydney is gone.They are like cockroaches in the aftermath of a nuclear war"
    (Forum poster 'Change', Big Footy 04Apr09)

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast