Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crowd Predictions for Swans vs Pies @ ANZ Stadium

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Crowd Predictions for Swans vs Pies @ ANZ Stadium

A win against Port this week and I think we could see a massive crowd turn up for our annual clash with the Pies at Homebush.

I note on the Swans website that Train will be performing pre match too.

'Train' to headline Swans v Pies blockbuster
    7:40 PM Thu 10 June, 2010

Accomplished US performers Train will headline pre-match entertainment when the Swans take on Collingwood at ANZ Stadium on Saturday night, June 26.

The Grammy award winning band will perform three tracks prior to the big match, including their Australian number one and US top 10 hit Hey, Soul Sister.

Train last visited Australian shores in 2003, but will celebrate their return at one of footy?s biggest rivalry matches and in front of a crowd hoped to reach in excess of 50,000.

'Train' to headline Swans v Pies blockbuster - Official AFL Website of the Sydney Swans Football Club
    Looking at the Ticketek website, it appears the Bronze section is already single seats only. What's your crowd prediction?

Oh and wouldn't it be good to get Eddie in the headlines pumping up the game. Remember last time he did that with back pages stories daily in the Daily Telegraph. We got a crowd of 70,000+ for that game. How about helping us out again with the promotion of this game Eddie.

Living in 2005
    You're early! Should be a good crowd, the AFL will hit this game harder than most promotion wise, they can't afford to do what they have done in the past few months with GWS, then have the Swans get an average crowd against the biggest drawers in the game. The League media will crucify them.

Bit of pressure on AFL with this one, I think it will be a 50K Plus personally.

On the Rookie List
    Knowing how fickle sin city supporters are, who knows how many will turn up! I agree though, if we can get over port then I would expect, or hope to expect, a very healthy crowd.

40-45k
    up the guts

Who is Train?
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

I just booked my flights to Sydney, so its +1 from Melbourne coming!

Train is a US band (Songs include "hey sole sister" and "drops of Jupiter")

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    Who is Train?
    Budget imported rubbish!!!!!
    "We talked five times. I called him twice, and he called me twice."

Eddie McGuire

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    Who is Train?
    Have you ever noticed that Train's big hit Drops of Jupiter is a complete and utter rip off of Drift Away by Dobie Gray?? Is it just me??? Anyway, that's what I thought the second I first heard the song and just couldn't take them seriously after that.

Crowd prediction from me - a cold, but no less fired up one.

Quote Originally Posted by Damien View Post
    You're early! Should be a good crowd, the AFL will hit this game harder than most promotion wise, they can't afford to do what they have done in the past few months with GWS, then have the Swans get an average crowd against the biggest drawers in the game. The League media will crucify them.

Bit of pressure on AFL with this one, I think it will be a 50K Plus personally.
    As long as the AFL don't turn it into a piblicity night for GWS as has happened in the past. This is our home game and GWS is no part of it. Wpuld expect a decent crowd but 50k would be more than acceptable but could struggle to get that many. Here's hoping.
    SYDNEY SWANS.....THE GREATEST FOOTBALL CLUB IN LIVING MEMORY.

So much for one week at a time.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Hell View Post
    So much for one week at a time.
    I don't know. I think RWO members can multi task by looking forward to the next home and also discuss the, um ... who are we playing again?
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    I don't know. I think RWO members can multi task by looking forward to the next home and also discuss the, um ... who are we playing again?
    Is it the Pies?
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast