Thread: Aami stadium

On the Rookie List swans_premiers's Avatar

Aami stadium

from now on shall be known as QBE stadium. we've been blessed in Adelaide this year with a couple of great wins
    Adam Goodes: Rising Star 99, Brownlow 2003, 2006
    Swans Premiers 1909, 1918,1933,2005, 2012

Quote Originally Posted by swans_premiers View Post
    from now on shall be known as QBE stadium. we've been blessed in Adelaide this year with a couple of great wins
    Have we ever won two games in Adelaide in one season before?
    Occupational hazards:
    I don't eat animals since discovering this ability. I used to. But one day the lamb I was eating came through to me and ever since then I haven't been able to eat meat.
    - animal psychic Amanda de Warren

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by cruiser View Post
    Have we ever won two games in Adelaide in one season before?
    The answer is that this season represents the very first time.

One of the reasons is that since the Port Adelaide came into the competition in 1997, the Swans have had a terrible record away from home against the Crows, with only two wins at Football Park, one in 2001 and the other this year.

In 2001, Sydney only played Port at home. Actually, that was a pretty good year for the Swans beating SA teams, with two wins against Adelaide by 52 points (at home) and 49 points (away) respectively; and an upset home victory against a very good Port Adelaide side at that time, (they were one season away from the start of their hatrick of minor premierships-2002, 2003, 2004), by 47 points.

From a WA side of the coin, the only season the Swans won twice in Perth was 1998, with victories against the Eagles at the W.A.C.A, and the Dockers at Subi

Maybe we should petition to get the GF there.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

On the Rookie List
    Being a Swans fan from Adelaide, its brilliant that we've won both games over here this year, the Crows game was the best win. Nothing beats seeing depressed Crows fans leave at half time

Quote Originally Posted by Owen87 View Post
    Being a Swans fan from Adelaide, its brilliant that we've won both games over here this year, the Crows game was the best win. Nothing beats seeing depressed Crows fans leave at half time
    Especially when a lot of them are also Glenelg or Norwood fans.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Looks like we have started new traditions with the filtering in of the new boys. Toldyers it would all change, and did you listen!

I have an extremely happy couple of Adelaide fans who become Swans fans when we play Port. Anything for you boys, anything at all.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

haha cheeky idea..made me laugh.

Veterans List
    My family are Adelaide based Swans supporters, have been since the early 80s. We were few and far between at Adelaide games during the 90s but when we go now it's amazing how many Swannies are in the crowd.

Like everyone else I'm rapt weve won both AAMI games this year, great to sing the song after the siren.

A big congrats to the players who came to the fence after the game and high fived the supporters. I believe it was Gary Rohan who broke ranks to come over, he's not only an excitement machine he's a real enthusiasm machine too. Looks like he's just loving being a Swan.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    A big congrats to the players who came to the fence after the game and high fived the supporters. I believe it was Gary Rohan who broke ranks to come over, he's not only an excitement machine he's a real enthusiasm machine too. Looks like he's just loving being a Swan.
    Its great watching someone living their dream isn't it. He is a good kid. Can play a bit too.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood