Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Influential Eagles sound out Roos after Richmond humiliation

Can we merge this with the other thread???
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

That's what he has said on numerous occassions. I think the last time something was mentioned he said something to the effect of - unless a team wants to base themselves out of the Bahamas he won't be doing anything - his boys are going to go to school in the US and you would think most of that is organised. He won't be coaching next year. I would be stupefied if he was.

Living in 2005
    Paul Roos

March article from Caro that suggest Roos is likely to head up the Academy and stay involved with Swans.

On the Rookie List
    WTF! Roos to coach west coast!!!??? The enemy! No cant happen, wont happen, SURELY!

Quote Originally Posted by msb View Post
    WTF! Roos to coach west coast!!!??? The enemy! No cant happen, wont happen, SURELY!
    What he/she said.
    Occupational hazards:
    I don't eat animals since discovering this ability. I used to. But one day the lamb I was eating came through to me and ever since then I haven't been able to eat meat.
    - animal psychic Amanda de Warren

I can't believe this is getting any traction at the age, australian etc...yet another example of how there are far too many AFL journos out there.

For what its worth I hope Peter Sumich (WCE assistant coach) gets the senior job next year - so they stay crap for another few years.
    up the guts

Quote Originally Posted by teddys mum View Post
    I can't believe this is getting any traction at the age, australian etc...yet another example of how there are far too many AFL journos out there.

For what its worth I hope Peter Sumich (WCE assistant coach) gets the senior job next year - so they stay crap for another few years.
    Spilt round, slow news week, time for conspiracy theories, complete BS if you ask me.

The amusing side of this is the chicken runs going on by various aspects of the AFL and reporters who just don't seem to understand that there is someone in Australia who although has been a first rate player and an outstanding coach, really does NOT want to coach AFL for the rest of his natural life, and surprise surprise, he has other things to do!

He is straight up, doesn't play tactics, lives a terrific lifestyle in Sydney with his established family, and doesn't want to be a senior AFL coach after the end of this season and that is why he has already notified the Club and everyone else! Its not even a matter of taking the hint fellas. Its What Part of the statement "I don't want to coach after this season" don't you understand! Hilarious.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Living in 2005
    Roosy confirms he is staying in Sydney, no hope of coaching West Coast. Looking at part time commentary/Swans Academy type of role.

Paul Roos shuts out West Coast coaching suggestion | Herald Sun

Good news!

On the Rookie List
    there's also been rumours in Adelaide that the Crows will approach him when Neil Craig's contract expires or gets the sack

Pushing for Selection
    Can understand them wanting him. The Eagles really under performed in the early 2000s with the quality of the players they had and have failed to rebuild even with tanking to get early picks.
    Where's the remote?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast