Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Veszpremi rapt to get his chance

Veszpremi rapt to get his chance

http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/n...3/default.aspx

I though it was a really good game he played on Saturday. John Longmire seems to be of the view his work rate is still not enough though.

Hope he stays in the team
    You don't ban those who supported your opponent, you make them wallow in their loserdom by covering your victory! You sit them in the front row. You give them a hat! Toby Ziegler

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Longmire said Veszpremi had played a number of different roles in reserves - forward, defence and midfield - to make him more versatile.

?We are trying to give him more education in those roles and what they require and he has been improving in our reserves. So on Saturday, when Rhyce couldn?t play, we needed a player who was flexible enough to play forward and back for us and we thought Patty was the one.??
    This sounds right - not about curbing his flair, more about expanding his repertoire.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Good to hear, they know he has the talent, now just needs the fitness.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

On the Rookie List
    Why Vespa? Why is he the human guinea pig at the Swans to be developed to play Forward/Back, /Midfield and held in the reserves until he can? I don't buy it. It reeks of one of those excuses coaches make to justify their actions in not promoting a player.

Quote Originally Posted by Hartijon View Post
    Why Vespa? Why is he the human guinea pig at the Swans to be developed to play Forward/Back, /Midfield and held in the reserves until he can? I don't buy it. It reeks of one of those excuses coaches make to justify their actions in not promoting a player.
    Jack of all trades and master of none. We will end up with a team of utility players who don't do anything particularly well except be fit.

Because he doesn't have the fitness at the moment to hold down a solid senior spot. He comes in bursts and flashes, with quality. He's a great utility player so if he can be shoved around the park, gaining fitness and learning new skills then it can only make him a fitter, more complete player. He is only 20, let's not forget.
    Last edited by Nich; 16th June 2010 at 12:33 PM.

Hope you have your tin foil hat on.

They're reading your thoughts otherwise.
    -

Maybe it's because they think he has the ability and versitility to play all over the park and just needs to build the fitness base and get the experience.
    Do you really think they would hold a player back just for the hell of it, when we are battling to get into the finals?

Quote Originally Posted by Reggi View Post
    http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/n...3/default.aspx

I though it was a really good game he played on Saturday. John Longmire seems to be of the view his work rate is still not enough though.

Hope he stays in the team
    Sounds very much like he'll be back to Canberra for a while, unless we have lots of injuries in the meantime...Disappointing if this is the case.
    I'd certainly like to see him in ahead of Bevan.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

vespa is in the same boat as a few guys from saturday night who might struggle to hold their spots when the injury list drops.

I would love vespa to stay, but would put him out if it means someone like rohan stays in
    Theres not much left to say

Ignore the politics & spin and read between the lines Hartijon.

Ask yourself -> Why would the coaching staff deem it worthwhile to give Vesz a taste of what's it like to play defence?

I can guarantee it's not for @@@@s & giggles, it has purpose.

Veteran Site Admin
    You make it sound like he's been singled out for special (unfair) treatment. Anyone who has watched the reserves consistently over the past few years will know that many players are thrown all over the ground as they are developed. Sometimes the coaches will not know where a player's best position will be. In other cases they may have a good idea but just want to educate the players on how structures work in different parts of the ground.

Grundy, Vogels and White all spent time rotating back and forward (and Jesse into the ruck too). Currie has been used forward, ruck and a little back. Pyke ruck and back. Johnston forward and back. Thornton back, middle and forward. Laidlaw half-back, middle, forward. The list goes on and on and on and on...

Not only will the experience make most players better all around players, it increases their chances of getting a senior spot when one becomes available if they are versatile.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast