Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Leo Barry and Greg Stafford

Quote Originally Posted by Bas View Post
    And if you have to BOO, do it with love. Collingwood, I love you...........Not working, damn.
    Anyone mentioning love and collingwood in the same sentence should be BANNED.... unless its love to beat, maim, destroy ect

Love all of em who have pulled on a guernsey for the club.

Have probably groaned and muttered at most of em too at one point or another, but hate ... sheesh - big word to use in relation to what is, after all, just a game!
    *ducks from tomatoes and cream pies thrown in general direction* ...

At the recent Swans/Bombers SCG game there was a (Dons supporting) Angus Monfries hater amongst us in front of the O'Reilly. Every time the McDonald's sponsored one got near the ball this 'fan' would lay into him mercilessly ... "for god's sake swans, it's ONLY MONFRIES WHO'S GOT THE BALL - SMASH HIM" was particularly memorable among other mostly irrational vitriol!

Until he did his hammy (Monfries, not the fan) he hadn't done much wrong that we could see (and we probably wouldn't have looked at him at all if not for the screaming!)

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    I hate people who hate people.
    Well Scott, you'll just have to forgive me.

I hate Didak.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Leo Barry and Greg Stafford

Hate is too stronger word for someone you don't know playing a game of football. I have been known to vent my displeasure at players who I don't believe play well and shouldn't be in the side. Those players include the following:

Carey, O'Connor, Bevan, Matthews, McVeigh(early on), Bevan, Jude(when he was @@@@), Bevan, Chambers, Bevan, Kirk( Just for you know who's benefit) and also Bevan.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Leo Barry and Greg Stafford

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    Well Scott, you'll just have to forgive me.

I hate Didak.
    Yes, scrap my previous post about hate. I don't know Didak but yes what loathesome creature.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    And don't forget the Dutch...

The interesting thing from that article was the poor condition Stafford was in by the time he went to the Tigers. Don't think I'd be too impressed if I was a Tigers fan!
    To be fair, I think there are a few other reasons you wouldnt be too impressed to be a Richmond fan.

Not even Stafford could do that much damage!!
    He ate more cheese, than time allowed

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Greg Stafford played 204 games, kicked 141 goals and averaged 11.1 disposals and 11.7 hitouts per game. As a young man he was one of few bright lights in the 1996 Grand Final for us. He had a 44 hitout game for Sydney in 1998 when the mass stoppage game was not yet in vogue and he had a 29 disposal game as well that year (a ruckman with 29 disposals!In 1998!). In that 1998 season Greg averaged 17.2 disposals and 19.1 disposals.

There is little doubt in my mind that lack of adequate support in his early career hampered Greg considerably, but anyone that booed him or doubted his contribution to Sydney was/is a miserable bugger.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    There is little doubt in my mind that lack of adequate support in his early career hampered Greg considerably, but anyone that booed him or doubted his contribution to Sydney was/is a miserable bugger.
    He had such a major contribution that the Swans loved him off to Richmond. Here's to miserable buggers. Probably plenty on Oxford St!
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Bas View Post
    I've never heard the bloke in the Brewongle. maybe it was me. No, I thought Leo was good, especially when he didn't have the ball.

"I remember the crowd. Oh my God. I reckon 35,000 people groaned with collective disappointment. My confidence was shot at this stage, I wasn't playing well. I couldn't do the simplest of things, I was paralysed by my predicament. That was the only incident I can think of with the crowd giving me a hard time. Maybe they were bagging me through my whole career, I don't know, but I certainly heard it this day." Greg Stafford.

He has a short memory, we were booing him regularly during that period. I can't recall injury at the time unless it was a secret. My impression was attitude or lack there of. I wonder if he still has his stalker?

I think the only reason players get booed by supporters is not because of lack of ability but not playing up to their ability.
    The ground announcer used to remind the crowd that spectators were not allowed onto the playing arena. One day immediately after the announcement a bloke near us yelled " What's Stafford doing out there then" Cracked us up big time.

Primmy you had better not move any further to your left - we have a classic LRT hater with us I am trying to bring under control. LRT is a classic, because he can ruin an otherwise good game with a Keystone Cops classic that is guaranteed to gift the opposition a goal.
    Pay peanuts get monkeys

LRT has ben good lately but sometimes you wonder if LRT is not the new Leo Barry of the side. When he's good he's excellent and when he's bad, he's a groan maker.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

I'll admit to a groan with LRT, but there have been massively increasing cheers nowadays, and he is such a sweet bloke I am not going to have evil thoughts. They actually were specifically for one Wayne Carey. Could not STAND the p@@@@. Actually I felt the same about Lloyd, the Precious Poppet. Hmm.....I do have it in me to be not quite nice don't I.

I will boo, but I am not going to hate. Well if I do, I am not going to admit it.

ORB, keep the LRT hater away from me, I don't approve of anyone who actively hates the Sunsilk Kid.

And about Goldie, at that time one Bloke called Rocket had no bloody sense, and he dissed quite a few careers, witness one Craig O'Brien (who staged a magic comeback the week Roos took over - he came back and sat in on the bench for the first game, hilarous), got rid of Goldie (he told me that) and Frosty, Cooky, tried to do it with Kirky, Goodsey, and the list goes on. Actually of them all, I would have to say that the one person who has been at the club (and whose name is not Scotty Russell), who made me want to scratch his face was Rocket.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Opportunistic Join Date Bob Neil's Avatar
    That joke Kelly always got my goat.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast