Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Sydney V Richmond pre game thread (with teams)

Pushing for Selection
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    If Currie doesn't offer more than pyke as a back up ruck then why are we keeping him. He showed in the NAB cup that he can at least take a mark up forward even if he can't kick straight.
    Agreed, we cannot continue to go into games with only 21 players, Pyke offers absolutely nothing around the ground at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Brettb View Post
    Agreed, we cannot continue to go into games with only 21 players, Pyke offers absolutely nothing around the ground at all.
    I wouildn't mind that change as well see how he goes

Really we should win at least 3 out of the next 4, Tigers, Kangas, Demons, Blues so long as Bradshaw & Kenelley are back and our bullocking midfield seems to work against those teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Brettb View Post
    Agree with this. His lack of productivity around the ground is a serious handicap.
    I know it wont happen..but
    OUT : Pyke, Bevan, White, Jetta
    IN : Bradshaw, Vespa, TDL, Kennelly (LRT can do some relief work in the ruck)

Couple of 'Roosy's classic comments' ..."We 've still got 9 or 10 rounds to go, so we don't want to bring Bradshaw or Kennelly back early and have them out for another 2 or 3 weeks".....ke....so why did they play kennelly against Port, especially when we had the bye the next round?....and..."Jets probably needs to go back to the 2's and kick a couple of goals to gain some confidence"....ke...The horse has well and truely bolted, should of happened 3 or 4 rounds ago.
    Last edited by ernie koala; 28th June 2010 at 03:05 PM.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Tiggers can rip us a new one if we're not turned on.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    In: Bradshaw\TDL
    Out: Jetta\Bevan

Move Goodes out of the forward and into the midfield in place of McVeigh. McVeigh can take the midfield/wing position. May even convert a few chances.
    Bevan out still leaves us with a back line of Eski, LRT, Shaw, Smith, Grundy, Mattner. Rohan can switch between HB and HF as required.
    That will give us a line up of:

Backs: Mattner, Grundy, Smith, Eski, LRT, Shaw

Mids: Goodes, Kirk, B1, McVeigh, Jack, Mummy, Kennedy, Pebbles (push one/two fwd if you want more fwds.)

Fwds: Bradshaw, White, McGlynn, TDL

Int: Hanners, Bird, Rohan, Pyke
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Depending on injuries from Saturday's game, would like to see TDL & Thornton seriously considered this week. These two gambles might relish the opportunity to play seniors and show some of the passengers how it's done.

Opti-pessi-misti
    Lose to the Tigers? Surely not. I know they have been playing some good footy lately but they are one team that our game plan seems to work against!

Outs for following game: Any of Shaw, Mattner, Malceski, (Kennelly if he plays) whose kick-ins do not lead to the ball getting over the centre line! Also the talls who do not find space and make a viable target.

Looks like White will be joining Jetta in Canberra for a few weeks:

Attack needs a re-think, admits Roos - Official AFL Website of the Sydney Swans Football Club

"We need to do something a bit different this week," Roos said on Monday.

"[White] will probably go back and play in the seconds and get some confidence and kick some goals. I'm confident enough in him that in two or three weeks' time, perhaps, he'll be back up playing senior footy.
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Well Roos is a better judge than me or most of us. Would have perservered with White, but would not be happy to have him replaced by HP. Wouild indicate that TDL is already in the team. Pyke has come along very well, but we cant carry someone who does nothing round the ground and gives us 10 hitouts. I would like to Teddy come back and do the pinch hitting for the ruck work; wont get the same number of taps as Pyke but will provide a contest and can drfit back and forwards. If Jetta and White are marked for Canberra, could be some big changes this week, although that is abnormal.

On the Rookie List
    Bradshaw's situation is getting to a major concern IMO. He's already had 2 knee ops and still cant get back in the team? I am certainly no doctor, but is it normal to experience pain in the knee after having surgery?? He should be cherry ripe after the recovery period, which I thought was a return against coll. Now he isnt even sure of playing this week against the tiges!

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hammo View Post
    Looks like White will be joining Jetta in Canberra for a few weeks:

Attack needs a re-think, admits Roos - Official AFL Website of the Sydney Swans Football Club
    I hope that Dennis-Lanes (or should that be the Dennises and the Lanes?) have their flights booked.
    Last edited by ugg; 28th June 2010 at 04:31 PM.

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast