Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Sydney V Richmond pre game thread (with teams)

Sydney V Richmond pre game thread (with teams)

The quicker we move on from tonight the better....

IN: Bradshaw / TDL / Kennelly
    OUT: Bevan, Shaw (Injury - hip is giving him some troubles), ???
    Swannies for life!

In: Vez, Bradshaw, Kennelly
    Out: Bevan, White, Bird

What did Bird do wrong? While a touch quiet, he barely put a foot wrong all night. Needs to spend more time in the middle, but he's far from dropable yet.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

IN: Veszpremi, Bradshaw, Currie, Kennelly, Moore
    OUT: Bevan, White, Shaw, Pyke, Jetta
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Veteran Site Admin
    Not sure I'd be bringing Kennelly back in quickly. He's an important player when fit, but pretty ordinary when not. I know there is this badge-of-honour thing about recovering quickly from injury, but I wish they wait until they were 100% sure he is ready, and then wait another week. (Maybe even send him to Canberra for a week to make sure he is ready to run around again.) Even before he got injured, his form this year was handy rather than great.

I hope Shaw isn't injured, because he was one of our less bad players this week. He at least seemed to want to run and get the ball. At times he seemed to be the only thing moving in a sea of static red and white.

TDL has to come in for his debut this week, given his performance in the twos and the deplorable state of our forward line. I'd bring Vez in too, who wa superb in the first quarter, though wasn't able to sustain that for the whole period.

Other changes may depend on Bradshaw. He is worth bringing back even if he is below his best because he can play in front and provide the occasional lead. He seems to straighten us up. Maybe that is because he plays in front and provides the occasional lead. If Roos was as frustrated by White as many of us were, we could see Hank come back in. He played a pretty reasonable game in the early match, though nothing to suggest he is going to transform our forward line into something approaching a forward line. Still, if it releases Goodes to play in the midfield for chunks of the game, I could live with Playfair's return. Johnston's name might get thrown up too, though he was so-so in the game today. Would be surprised to see them bring two debutants into the forward line in one game, and I'd definitely say TDL has edged his nose in front.

Sounds like Roos may already have marked Jetta's card as Canberra bound for a few weeks.

As for the younger midfielders, JPK and Hanners were both a long way down on how they've played this season, and Bird was less productive than in his last two outings. But I don't think there are any similar type of players knocking down the door to get in yet. McNeill isn't really big or fit enough yet, while Gordon and MOD are probably a bit more "outside" and I don't think Meredith looks ready yet to resume at senior level. And in any case, all three of this younger brigade have earned enough brownie points to be allowed one down game. Just a shame they all decided to do it on the same night.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Just based on the fact that he was originally dropped before getting a reprieve due to Kennelly, Rohan is probably expendable at the moment too. Not that I believe he should be dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt79 View Post
    The quicker we move on from tonight the better....

IN: Bradshaw / TDL / Kennelly
    OUT: Bevan, Shaw (Injury - hip is giving him some troubles), ???
    ??? = Jetta
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by BSA5 View Post
    What did Bird do wrong? While a touch quiet, he barely put a foot wrong all night. Needs to spend more time in the middle, but he's far from dropable yet.
    They are playing him forward, I believe we have better options.

Maybe the are playing him forward as we have too similar players in the middle - Kirk, Jude, Hanners, Jack

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    They are playing him forward, I believe we have better options.

Maybe the are playing him forward as we have too similar players in the middle - Kirk, Jude, Hanners, Jack
    Bird should have been in mid field with Kirky playing up forward on Heath Shaw- time to look to the future more and Kirky was a more than useful forward

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Bird should have been in mid field with Kirky playing up forward on Heath Shaw- time to look to the future more and Kirky was a more than useful forward
    Bird looked to be the wrong matchup because Shaw was too quick for him.

You think Kirk would have kept up???
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    Bird looked to be the wrong matchup because Shaw was too quick for him.

You think Kirk would have kept up???
    He would be smart enough to provide an option and to keep him accountable - Bird was a lost soul

Quote Originally Posted by BSA5 View Post
    he was atrocious last night playing on the forward flank. He didnt get the ball and his man heath shaw constantly ran off and peeled of to help the other defenders. Worst game from bird in a long time. Tht said i like him and dont think he should be dropped just needs to be played in the guts not as a forward.

In: Bradshaw, Kennelly, TDL, Vezpremi

Out: White, Bird, Jetta, ???????

Change up our forward line with just the 1 tall send goodes to the midfield, have okeefe and rohan playing as mediums and tdl, mcglynn and vez paying as both leading and crumbing forwards

Have bird and hanners playing midfield not forward

Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast