Thread: Donnie Ollington to play his 200th game for MUAFC 03/07/10

Thumbs up Donnie Ollington to play his 200th game for MUAFC 03/07/10

This weekend 3rd July, 2010 sees Club stalwart, previous Club Captain and multiple B&F Winner, Donnie Ollington, reach a fantastic milestone with the Club.

The match against North Shore Bombers sees Donnie reach 200 games for MUAFC!!!

Game starts at 4:30pm so feel free to head down to Uni Oval for the twilight match, a burger and a few frothies.

Quite timely, this match aligns with our Old Boys Reunion, some may say he missed a few games early in the season to time this perfectly!!!!

Further, he will reach 200 First Grade games for MUAFC in the coming weeks (second only to Troy "Phar Lap" McMurrich).

Well done Donnie!

Must be a good week for milestones with Dave Cummings playing his 200th for Penrith. Despite being injury prone, Dave has a renewed lease on footy and after a few games earlier in the year in 2nds, got a late callup into the firsts and duly kicked 8 goals. Has got more determination than two seagulls fighting over a chip.
    Well done to Donnie, Dave and anyone else playing a milestone match this weekend.
    PS: Dave couldn't wait till the "Old Boys" day at Greygums, but should be playing his 201st there on the 10th July.

Both great footballers and great fellas off the field as well. Good luck to both of them.

Congratulations To both of you.

Speaking of good blokes, last satdee the Dragons magoos travelled out to Richmond to take on the Jets. Besides not even having enough blokes to fill positions on the field, we had a great day and were made feel very welcome by the jets who invited us up for a few coldies after the game. Our boys particuarly took a shine to the beer drinking race between the best on ground from each team on the day. The nicknames of a few of the Jets boys got a few laughs as well. i believe "Wang" and "Dildo" were two that got a laugh.

That could be another question.. anyone got a cracker nickname in their club or someone they know? could be a laugh

Glad you enjoyed the day Doped Youth. At the end of the day, its only a game of footy so you have to enjoy yourself, win lose or draw. We try and invite every club up to the rooms after games for a beer, chew the fat, and making a quid on the bar is a bonus!
    You blokes played well despite the lack of numbers I thought.
    As for Wanga, funny story behind that nickname, perhaps not for a public forum. Think a nickname thread has been done here previously, but always good for a laugh. Always get a giggle at Mac Uni when I hear Jism. Best I've heard was Carl Ringhof, formerly of Parra & Campbelltown, nickname "Worksis"

[QUOTE=Pekay;494057] Always get a giggle at Mac Uni when I hear Jism.
    ha ha ha - yep, good old James, aka Jism, is a cracker. Has caused a few laughs during drills, such as when running by and looking for a handball "yes, Jism inside"!!
    You can imagine plenty more!!!

aka Mr Taxman
    Quote Originally Posted by Pekay View Post
    Best I've heard was Carl Ringhof, formerly of Parra & Campbelltown, nickname "Worksis"
    Credit that one to Terry Kennedy (TK, Santa) who spent hours coming up with nicknames for Goannas including my own!

The funny thing about Carl's is that although it was a nickname used by all, it was one where half of them actually didn't get it and some would call him by a derivative such as "Workie" & have no idea why. PS He also played briefly at Wests.
    See me run a marathon again as a leprechaun?
    Donations