2 8.70%
  • BURNING

8 34.78%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The HOT ROK 200 Game Thread

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    "How can this bloke be on his own?"

(2005 PF, final quarter, when he takes uncontested mark in forward line having ripped the Saints to shreds all night.)

2008 EF against North where the stats don't tell us he was dominant but on 4 or 5 occasions in the second half he set Hall up for one-on-one contests against Gibson by taking strong marks in middle of ground and playing on immediately with a long, directed kick forward.

2002, also against the Roos, night game, Hall out suspended, ROK thrown forward for possibly the first time in his career, pretty much wins the game off his own boot with 4 goals, several of them from long range.

Those are just 3 off the top of my head in a matter of a few moments.
    This clearly his finest moment - he tore poor old Brett Voss a new one that night.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Hell View Post
    Finally, a thread to separate out the NARF's.
    Ahh, I expose my naivete to ask .... whassa NARF?

Unfortunately, the memory that sticks in my mind the most is a bad one..... And I love the guy.

I remember his kick being smothered by Daniel Chick in the '06 Grand Final, allowing wet toast to run into an open goal, and kill any chance of a back to back flag.

....... Don't get me wrong, I don't blame him. It's unfortunately what sticks in my mind, as his highlight reel isn't all that flashy.
    Ed Considine's day out - Round 3, 16th April 1995.
    11 Kicks, 13 Handballs, 8 Marks, 1 Goal, 1 Behind, 1 Tackle, 1 Hitout, 3 Brownlow votes (his only votes)
    Ed = God

NARF = not a real fan

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Anytime he wore the "Alice band".
    Similar to Samson, not so hot without the locks.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    Anytime he wore the "Alice band".
    Similar to Samson, not so hot without the locks.
    YES!!!!!!!!
    Love the 05 GF edition of the record with the photo of him with those glorious flowing locks.
    Rogue, I always thought you were a bloke???

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    YES!!!!!!!!
    Love the 05 GF edition of the record with the photo of him with those glorious flowing locks.
    Rogue, I always thought you were a bloke???
    I am, but I can recognise good looking man when I see one, especially in red and white.
    My wife thinks I may be a little queer when it comes to the Swannies.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    I am, but I can recognise good looking man when I see one, especially in red and white.
    My wife thinks I may be a little queer when it comes to the Swannies.
    ... only a little!!!

(Tell her I said man-crushes are ok.)
    Last edited by AnnieH; 1st July 2010 at 02:19 PM.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Hard to pick favourite moments but I clearly remember the first time I sat up and noticed ROK.

It was a Friday night SFL game up at NSO. I am not entirely sure of the year but Brett Allison was also playing in the team so I think it must have been 2000. Can remember practically nothing about the game other than a very young, strongly built, blonde lad giving away a 50m penalty, and then another as he reacted fiestily to the first. Who's this kid, I asked myself?
    I have a very similar first memory Liz and I suspect it may very well be the same one. It was the annual NSO pre-season match against Essendon and ROK got in a scrap on the wing with Dean Solomon. Now Solomon, rightly or wrongly, carried a reputation as a hard man over the course of his career and ROK certainly gave as good as he got and I also thought 'Wow, who's this guy, they won't walk all over him'.

Quote Originally Posted by Chookbilly View Post
    Unfortunately, the memory that sticks in my mind the most is a bad one..... And I love the guy.
    Unfortunately that is also a lasting ROK memory for me as well.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    I have a very similar first memory Liz and I suspect it may very well be the same one. (
    I am 99% sure mine wasn't the annual NSO pre-season game. Back then they played them on a Sunday afternoon and the game I recall was a night game. I didn't go to many SFL games when our thirds were playing in that league but I was working in North Sydney back then and, with the game being on a Friday evening, figured I might as well just pop up the road to watch. Brett Allison had been injured, I think, and I remember thinking how much of a come-down it must have been for him running around in an SFL game.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    A strong mark and goal in the final against the Hawks in 2001, I told my dad "he's going to have a blinder!"
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The game that he took by the throat was the EF against North in 2008. That was a very imposing and mature performance. I lean toward that being his best and complete game.
    The PF in 2005 against Saints was very good and thank god for that bomb to Davo!
    Any year with the headband was pretty special - does it his own way and his B&F year in 2009 was a wonderful way to show his commitment to the Swans.
    He's a good man.
    Last edited by Lucky Knickers; 1st July 2010 at 08:23 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast