4 17.39%
  • MORE THAN ZERO

2 8.70%
  • BURNING

8 34.78%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The HOT ROK 200 Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Well, that was it for the year for the whole team, not just ROK, especially when PK did a hammy not long after.
    Yep. Kel was giving them a bath early playing at FF of all places. Hammy went when on a long lead and what slender hopes we had went with it.

That was one of the most depressing second halves I've ever sat thru as the Hawks just went further and further in front. I remember I was so confident before the game which obviously made it worse..
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    Yep. Kel was giving them a bath early playing at FF of all places. Hammy went when on a long lead and what slender hopes we had went with it.

That was one of the most depressing second halves I've ever sat thru as the Hawks just went further and further in front. I remember I was so confident before the game which obviously made it worse..
    Brett Kirk was excellent that day across half forward, if I remember correctly.
    Last edited by stellation; 2nd July 2010 at 03:02 PM.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    I like it, I like it... perhaps every time the ball hits the behind post it could be called a ROK? "Oh there's another ROK brought up- a right royal notch on the post with nothing to show for it but bragging rights".
    One of the funniest comments I've read on RWO in years. Simply brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post

It was so depressing. Nothing went right for us that day. ROK does his knee after looking very damaging, and then PK pings the hammy and isn't seen again after half time. The after match post mortem at the Colonial Hotel put a red line through half the list, or maybe that was only Daniel McPherson. Memory is a bit faded

Oh yes its about memories of ROK.

Has to be the 2005 prelim final. Got us going in the first q and played a blinder all night. Best game I've ever seen him play.

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    I like it, I like it... perhaps every time the ball hits the behind post it could be called a ROK? "Oh there's another ROK brought up- a right royal notch on the post with nothing to show for it but bragging rights".
    ROK'D
    Bravo.
    Last edited by Lucky Knickers; 2nd July 2010 at 09:05 PM.

Veteran Site Admin
    Another great game no-one has mentioned yet was his performance against the Bloooos in 2008. By close to the start of the second half we'd lost both Leo and MickyO but we held on for a win against a free scoring Carlton side. I think O'Keefe himself on one leg for a lot of that game but was a huge part of the reason we won.
    Last edited by liz; 2nd July 2010 at 09:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Another great game no-one has mentioned yet was his performance against the Bloooos in 2008. By close to the start of the second half we'd lost both Leo and MickyO but we held on for a win against a free scoring Carlton side. I think O'Keefe himself on one leg for a lot of that game but was a huge part of the reason we won.
    I was at that game and he was the difference between the two sides, saw the team at the airport and went and said a few things to the players, ROK was on crutches.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234