Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is Paul Roos still the greatest person in the universe ever?

Opportunistic Join Date Bob Neil's Avatar

Thumbs up

Way to go! Kick a man while he's down. Class.

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    I did that once and ended up with triplets....
    I knew we had a few parents of twins on this board but this is ridiculous!

Blog Entries
    Here it is, would probably never have happened without him.

Roosy will be fine for the rest of the year, as long as there isn't a shortage of snakes.
    Maybe we could setup some sort of 'snakes fund'.
    Add an extra $0.50 to each membership for a years supply of coaches lollies.

What do you think Horse likes? Chicos?
    Ed Considine's day out - Round 3, 16th April 1995.
    11 Kicks, 13 Handballs, 8 Marks, 1 Goal, 1 Behind, 1 Tackle, 1 Hitout, 3 Brownlow votes (his only votes)
    Ed = God

Quote Originally Posted by Chookbilly View Post
    Roosy will be fine for the rest of the year, as long as there isn't a shortage of snakes.

What do you think Horse likes? Chicos?
    hay
    Theres not much left to say

Quote Originally Posted by swansrule100 View Post
    hay
    I laughed.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Seriously, I reckon that if you can see the light (at the end of the tunnel) it is best to get of the tracks. I totally reserved judgement on his "one more year" but am now convinced it was a mistake. Should have called it quits at the end of last year I feel sure.
    "I'll acknowledge there are more talented teams in the competition but I won't acknowledge that there is a better team in the competition" Paul Roos March 2005

Warming the Bench
    I think - and maybe I'm in the minority here - that at the end of season '09, a record of 7-7 at this point of this season would have been seen as a reasonable result.

Obviously winning a few early games gave everyone a bit of confidence, I was looking at what the team needed to do to be top four as well. But the fact is results have probably gone as originally expected (with the exception of the latest one) since then.

A bit of straighter kicking yesterday and a couple of breaks against Hawthorn and the club is 9-5 and just outside the four, which would have been a flattering result.

Roos has done a fair job IMO.

I reserve the right to take all that back if the Kangas win next week however...

Really think that, having dropped one now against an ordinary side who are playing with a bit of confidence, how they respond to that disappointment is a big factor in measuring where they really are at.

Knocking over the side sitting next to you on the ladder, at home, is what it's all about.

On the Rookie List swans_premiers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vonsteinman View Post
    I think - and maybe I'm in the minority here - that at the end of season '09, a record of 7-7 at this point of this season would have been seen as a reasonable result.

Obviously winning a few early games gave everyone a bit of confidence, I was looking at what the team needed to do to be top four as well. But the fact is results have probably gone as originally expected (with the exception of the latest one) since then.

A bit of straighter kicking yesterday and a couple of breaks against Hawthorn and the club is 9-5 and just outside the four, which would have been a flattering result.

I reserve the right to take all that back if the Kangas win next week however...

Really think that, having dropped one now against an ordinary side who are playing with a bit of confidence, how they respond to that disappointment is a big factor in measuring where they really are at.

Knocking over the side sitting next to you on the ladder, at home, is what it's all about.
    Exactly. after finishing 12th last year and losing 1000+ games of experience it's a fair effort to be in the 8 after round 14 considering our fullback, fullforward and #1 ruckman have been missing almost all year.

I think the 5 straight wins early on in the year gave us very high expectations however we had our best team on the the park and were playing teams down on form. Now we're playing teams in good form (Geelong,Hawthorn, Pies, Tigers-believe it or not have won 4-5) with a few injuries and have been comfortably beaten in 2 and close losses in the other 2. With a bit of luck we would be 9-5 and right in the hunt.
    Adam Goodes: Rising Star 99, Brownlow 2003, 2006
    Swans Premiers 1909, 1918,1933,2005, 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Chookbilly View Post
    The penny just dropped....that's why we got rid of Bazza, Roos saw the footage of him pinching his lollies.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Hell View Post
    I laughed.
    I sneezed.

Quote Originally Posted by Vonsteinman View Post

Quote Originally Posted by swans_premiers View Post
    Exactly. after finishing 12th last year and losing 1000+ games of experience it's a fair effort to be in the 8 after round 14 considering our fullback, fullforward and #1 ruckman have been missing almost all year.

I think the 5 straight wins early on in the year gave us very high expectations however we had our best team on the the park and were playing teams down on form. Now we're playing teams in good form (Geelong,Hawthorn, Pies, Tigers-believe it or not have won 4-5) with a few injuries and have been comfortably beaten in 2 and close losses in the other 2. With a bit of luck we would be 9-5 and right in the hunt.
    Sooo much more pleasant on here when the original hysteria after a loss gives way to common sense.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123