Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920

Thread: North Melbourne pre-game discussion (with teams)

Well the Tigers had a magnificent win over the Dockers and they (Tigers) had two out on the bench. So our loss can be put into a better perspective.

We still should have won with that lead but just shows how spirit can lift a team.

If the Swans can't lift themselves enough to want to be in the 8 then it might be time for the coach to go. Not that it's his fault but that he no longer commands the respect from the team and he should leave them, rather than retire at season's end.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Looking forward to seeing Ted. If he can get a bit of confidence he will be very valuable.
    I think the game has gone beyond Ted.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Not that I think it'd happen, but we'll regret it if we lose Vez. When he gets to string a few games in a row he's going to break loose and his flair and skill will come to the fore, I just hope it's with us and not against us.

Ted's gone the way of Jason Cloke. Sorry Mr. Richards, I wish it wasn't this way, any player I see wear the red and white I wish the best, but I demand the highest of them in return. Sadly you wern't quite up to it, but no shame follows you. I intend to be quite courteous if we we're to ever meet, I do apluad your achievements and wish you the best in any chosen field and I know some avid readers can suggest one alternative, a Sydney Swan is just not in your future. Join the VFL, it's well thought of, you have family around, pursue some hobbies Melbourne is a great centre for hobbies. All the best, Aubrey.
    Last edited by liz; 11th July 2010 at 09:09 AM. Reason: Deleted quoted text from now deleted post

Drummoyne..INNER WEST BABY!! (Bay 29 SCG)
    Rain Rain Rain forecast for today...great.
    Official Driver Of The "Who Gives A @@@@ As The Player Will Get Delisted Anyway" Bandwagon.

West Coast had three players kick their first AFL goal last night. They are probably ahead of us in the race for their next flag. Do we have to bottom out that badly before we play the young guns instead of Ted and Bevo ?

Quick question, not 100% today so trying to make the decision whether to go in for the game.

How's the weather looking at the SCG at the moment?

Because BOM is saying cloudy/rain and I don't want to venture in if it's going to be poncho action. Ugh, can get a better view on TV in that situation.

Not that surprising that Richards came back in but not happy with Bevan's inclusion ahead of some of the others.

Ugh..... Shaw
    Ed Considine's day out - Round 3, 16th April 1995.
    11 Kicks, 13 Handballs, 8 Marks, 1 Goal, 1 Behind, 1 Tackle, 1 Hitout, 3 Brownlow votes (his only votes)
    Ed = God

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    West Coast had three players kick their first AFL goal last night. They are probably ahead of us in the race for their next flag. Do we have to bottom out that badly before we play the young guns instead of Ted and Bevo ?
    West Coast's young guns, and I use the term guns very lightly when describing them, are pretty average except for maybe a handful.

We have them covered everywhere except for the forward line.
    Last edited by DeadlyAkkuret; 11th July 2010 at 03:46 PM.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyAkkuret View Post
    West Coast's young guns, and I use the term guns very lightly when describing them, are pretty average except for maybe a handful.

We have them covered everywhere except for the forward line.
    Pop guns? Or is that their old blokes?
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    Teddy is in to allow Reg to become our new gun CHF. This gives Goodes the freedom to play on the ball. It is a stroke of genius! [/tongue in cheek]

Wrong forward but the tactic was right.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920