Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: North Melbourne pre-game discussion (with teams)

Out: Playfair, Shaw, Bird. Playfair obviously with the injury, Shaw is costing us games so needs to go. Smith will replace him in the backline. Bird needs time in the reserves. TDL could also come out instead of Bird but I'd like to give him another game.

In: Johnston, Meredith, Rohan. Johnston comes in due to his great form in the reserves, and also because White, Bradshaw, and Playfair all won't play. Meredith is a class player and is a direct replacement for Bird. Rohan comes in for Shaw playing on the half forward line.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanga View Post
    Goes without saying that this is a big match for both sides. Hopefully we put on a better effort than that which I witnessed earlier in the year. North by 22 points!
    Your blokes should go in with a lot of confidence as they see that the Swans will crumble under a lot of pressure. That was definitely the pattern in the dying days of the Eade era and seems to have returned for the end of Roos' time. One of the few lapses throughout the Roos years was the wet game against the Tigers at the SCG when Richo lifted and the Swans gave up. And there have definitely been times over the past few years when the Kangaroos wanted it more and came away with the win in Canberra. Until yesterday I'd say the odds were 60:40 our way and I'd now say 70:30 your way.

In: Stuey Dew

Out: Goodes

Lol bloody painkillers, that was Rohan. Though Lindsay could probably do a better job than some of those players.

Out: Anyone with a heart the size of a split pea (most of the team yesterday)
    In: Anyone that can take a contested mark in the forward 50m.

TDL should get another chance IMO. Looked extremely nervous and hesitant yesterday, he will get better when the nerves settle.

i think roosy needs to send a message that senior players dont automatically get a spot in this side.
    Theres not much left to say

On the Rookie List
    Blog Entries
    Sydneys current tackling intensity has dropped below par , which is very dissapointing being from a rugby state?
    To many oppostion players are escaping to easily!

Quote Originally Posted by redhugh2525 View Post
    Sydneys current tackling intensity has dropped below par , which is very dissapointing being from a rugby state?
    To many oppostion players are escaping to easily!
    "Being from rugby state"?????

Seriously?????

We're crap, and it's got absolutely nothing to do with rugby. (Although I did make the call two years ago that another session with a rugby league team will do wonders for our tackling!!)

Norf have the ability to rip us a new one.

Hate to see it happen after I've spent the morning in the emergency room trying to fix yesterday's tear.
    Last edited by AnnieH; 5th July 2010 at 02:35 PM.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Just rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic....
    No, it's called planning for the future. A Lazuras analogy would have been more accurate.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Hell View Post
    No, it's called planning for the future. A Lazuras analogy would have been more accurate.
    Like the Phoenix rising from the ashes you recon?

On the Rookie List
    Oh, cant even think about this weeks game after that debacle yesterday....north to win though.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast