Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: North Melbourne pre-game discussion (with teams)

I have a simple question. Why does Paul Roos continue to play without a very consistent performer in Ted Richards. Richards has been very good for almost 3 years and now cant get a game when Bolton is missing. He has body size, speed and can kick to our own men. Roos continues to amze me with persisting with reserve graders coming up who will never be anything else. I have the same question why white was left out. roos seems to blame white for not getting the ball. strike me a forward needs the midfield to get it up their, then the coach might have a reason to drop you if you dont get it. White is suffering what Barry Hall did, starvation.

Quote Originally Posted by balcove View Post
    I have a simple question. Why does Paul Roos continue to play without a very consistent performer in Ted Richards. Richards has been very good for almost 3 years and now cant get a game when Bolton is missing. He has body size, speed and can kick to our own men. Roos continues to amze me with persisting with reserve graders coming up who will never be anything else. I have the same question why white was left out. roos seems to blame white for not getting the ball. strike me a forward needs the midfield to get it up their, then the coach might have a reason to drop you if you dont get it. White is suffering what Barry Hall did, starvation.
    Ohhh, you're a very brave soul.
    Teddy is number one whipping boy on this forum and most on here curse his name!

Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    Ohhh, you're a very brave soul.
    Teddy is number one whipping boy on this forum and most on here curse his name!
    Ted is well down the Whip List, and due for a recall.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

White is suffering what Barry Hall did, starvation.
    I take your point but Barry did a few things Jesse doesn't.

1. Continually present himself.
    2. Put forward pressure on the opposition defenders.
    3. Bust his arse for 4 quarters.

I think our mids are letting down Jesse to a certain extent too but Jesse ain't making it easy for himself. He really needs to lift his intensity. Hopefully that comes with age and strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Hell View Post
    I watched the reserves last week and he looked ordinary at best. No longer up to it.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

I have a simple question. Why does Paul Roos continue to play without a very consistent performer in Ted Richards. Richards has been very good for almost 3 years and now cant get a game when Bolton is missing. He has body size, speed and can kick to our own men .
    Teddy's performance & self-confidence has been absymal (on the field, not his blog) since his injury last year and he has done nothing this year to justify a permanent senior spot.

He was named as an emergency last weekend and apparently played well in the Reserves, so you will probably see him get another shot in the Seniors soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Hell View Post
    Gold!

Well Playfair will be out so that might let White back in.

I think TDL should be given another go. Roos will never drop Goodes no matter how badly he plays. I hope Rohan is back.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Veterans List
    Won't White be out with his shoulder injury?

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo View Post
    TDL should get another chance IMO. Looked extremely nervous and hesitant yesterday, he will get better when the nerves settle.
    Managed to get himself into some good postion but the midfielders were just not able to find him.

Showed enought to remain in the side this week. Could do some real damage this week once the nerves have gone.

DST
    "Looking forward to a rebuilt, new, fast and exciting Swans model in 2010"

This will be Johnsttones fouth week since the article that mentioned he was close to selection if his form held up over the month.

Reserves reports would seem to suggest he has up held his end of the bargin so he must be close to debuting.

Outside of Johnstone for Playfair I can't see too many other changes, maybe Rohan in if he has been refreshed and ready to go.

DST
    "Looking forward to a rebuilt, new, fast and exciting Swans model in 2010"

More good news from the Swans Homepage.......Not :/

Daniel Bradshaw, Henry Playfair, Craig Bird and Gary Rohan are all ruled out for the North game.

=====

Mattner & JPK will need to pass a fitness test?

MOD, Thornton & White injured too?
    Last edited by wearebloods; 6th July 2010 at 06:19 PM.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RTTF View Post
    More good news from the Swans Homepage.......Not :/

Daniel Bradshaw, Henry Playfair, Craig Bird and Gary Rohan are all ruled out for the North game.
    For a moment, I read the headline as "Swans need to break ankles"

So from the article we have:

Rohan at least 2 weeks
    Bradshaw 3 weeks
    Playfair season (most likely)
    Bird doesn't say

No mention of White so perhaps he should be right to come back. Otherwise we won't have any forward line!

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast