Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: North Melbourne pre-game discussion (with teams)

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar

North Melbourne pre-game discussion (with teams)

Ziebell out for the Kangaroos. Petrie may return for them.

For us, only Playfair has been officially listed with a back injury. What exactly was Mattner's injury?

Best in the reserves this week: Johnston, Richards, Meredith, Reid, Gordon, McKaigue. Rohan kicked 3 and Jetta 1.

Would like to see Meredith come back if they think he has the fitness base under his belt - long kicking, direct player. Need someone to give us some leg speed as well, maybe Rohan?

I'm on the Chandwagon!!!

If you cannot compete for the premiership, it's better to be young and exciting than middle-aged and dowdy.

I'd put Lohan for Playfair (though he's showed he's capable to play back too - so could play in Mattner's role if he's ruled out). White or Richards would be the second player to come in - even though Jesse's form has been all over the place.
    Last edited by gossipcom; 4th July 2010 at 10:59 PM.

Out- Playfair, Bird, Shaw
    In- Johnstone, Meredith, Rohan

Move Goodes back into the midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by gossipcom View Post
    I'd put Lohan for Playfair .
    I'm not sure Lindsay is available.....still in rehab i heard....and henry has a bad back....
    Last edited by aardvark; 5th July 2010 at 12:08 AM.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_B View Post
    Would like to see Meredith come back if they think he has the fitness base under his belt - long kicking, direct player. Need someone to give us some leg speed as well, maybe Rohan?
    Good idea, the forward line today had a bit of a slow look about it today - Moore, Bird are great in and under but pace isn't their greatest attribute.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_B View Post
    Who cares if he's not fit??? Get him in!
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

In: Johnston, Richards, Meredith, Jetta, Rohan, Currie, Vespremi

Out: Shaw, Bird, Moore, Playfair, Bevan (I know he's not in, but just want to remind everyone he stays out)

I'm following liz's non committal formula from last week and adding 7 while omitting 4.

I'm all for Kirk playing for as long as he wants, but IMO we should be playing for next year. Next year includes neither Kirk or Roos. Bird is the successor of Kirk, but agree with the sentiment that there are too many one pace midfielders in the team.

I can't see this many changes happening, but really it's cleaning up the selections from last week and omitting injuries - as well as form.
    Last edited by Bloody Hell; 5th July 2010 at 03:23 AM.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Hell View Post
    In: Johnston, Richards, Meredith, Jetta, Rohan, Currie, Vespremi

Out: Shaw, Bird, Moore, Playfair, Bevan (I know he's not in, but just want to remind everyone he stays out)

I'm following liz's non committal formula from last week and adding 7 while omitting 4.

I'm all for Kirk playing for as long as he wants, but IMO we should be playing for next year. Next year includes neither Kirk or Roos. Bird is the successor of Kirk, but agree with the sentiment that there are too many one pace midfielders in the team.

I can't see this many changes happening, but really it's cleaning up the selections from last week and omitting injuries - as well as form.
    Just rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic....

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo View Post
    Out- Playfair, Bird, Shaw
    In- Johnstone, Meredith, Rohan

Move Goodes back into the midfield.
    Agree with all of this, except would keep Shaw and lose Kennelly.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Just rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic....

Goes without saying that this is a big match for both sides. Hopefully we put on a better effort than that which I witnessed earlier in the year. North by 22 points!

Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast