Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Vez the second coming of Nick Davis? Discuss...

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Plugger46 View Post
    Yeah, Davis was a gun. Go and get stuffed you peanuts.
    Nice one P46, my sentiments entirely.

why does every thread get turned into a nick davis thread. Was he playing in canberra on the weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    Yeah, god forbid a young player should stick around for 10 seasons, play 168 games, kick 235 goals, play in 3 Grand Finals, win a premiership and represent his country.
    Yep, spot on. Back in your boxes, Davis haters.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Is the some kind of sign that goes up in the sky to alert the Nick Davies Defense Force should someone, somewhere, utter a bad word against him?
    -

Quote Originally Posted by CJK View Post
    Is the some kind of sign that goes up in the sky to alert the Nick Davies Defense Force should someone, somewhere, utter a bad word against him?
    People have a crack at him, we're allowed to defend him. Simple.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    Yep, spot on. Back in your boxes, Davis haters.
    N, lazy, unfit, disinterested, soft players, i.e. Davis can go

We are running out of legs in the second half, clearly Vez has the same challenge in running out games
    You don't ban those who supported your opponent, you make them wallow in their loserdom by covering your victory! You sit them in the front row. You give them a hat! Toby Ziegler

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by Reggi View Post
    N, lazy, unfit, disinterested, soft players, i.e. Davis can go

We are running out of legs in the second half, clearly Vez has the same challenge in running out games
    So matchwinners can go? X factor forwards? It will be another 70 years with this policy and none of us on here will see the next Premiership.

Veterans List
    It's certainly getting increasingly uncomfortable watching Cyril perform his magic tricks and think that he might have been ours.

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    It's certainly getting increasingly uncomfortable watching Cyril perform his magic tricks and think that he might have been ours.
    So true, its like someone grabbing the last creme broullet then eating it slowly in front of you!

Quote Originally Posted by Plugger46 View Post
    Yeah, Davis was a gun. Go and get stuffed you peanuts.
    If you have seen him lately playing FF for Balmain its more like a cannon than a gun. A very large round cannon.

as some said i hope he can be the player nick davis was and lead us to a flag. If we are talking about the coaching staffs treatment of vespa then perhaps theres a davis like element to it, i.e not treated fairly.

I think however he hasnt shown the coaching staff at least he can play consistently outside of a small forward position, and we tend not to bother with a forward line, so until he can huddle around half back and centre in a massive clump of bodies to congest a contest and prevent a big loss i feel he will struggle to get in the side.
    Theres not much left to say

Quote Originally Posted by swansrule100 View Post
    as some said i hope he can be the player nick davis was and lead us to a flag. If we are talking about the coaching staffs treatment of vespa then perhaps theres a davis like element to it, i.e not treated fairly.

I think however he hasnt shown the coaching staff at least he can play consistently outside of a small forward position, and we tend not to bother with a forward line, so until he can huddle around half back and centre in a massive clump of bodies to congest a contest and prevent a big loss i feel he will struggle to get in the side.
    Agree totally...We have a good group of young exciting players,its time to let them off the hook and see what they can do. We will probably still lose but at least if they're having a go it would be far more exciting to watch than the crap we saw on saturday.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast