Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Vez the second coming of Nick Davis? Discuss...

I used to love Nic Davis, don't get me wrong. I appreciated his efforts when they became brilliant, and he did have some brilliant games, none more so than in the last quarter against Geelong. But it took to the 4th quarter after a bake from Kirky to get him to do what he could do. Hot and cold, brilliant and not on for the day, frustrating and game breaking.

So many other boys working their arses off; some getting in, some not. But they do work and work. As far as I can see Vespa is a worker, and he has improved so much, but he gets injured, so I think he is a worker wrapped in cotton wool. No use playing a bloke who is not physically right when a couple of months more in ressies means he gets to play for years. I hope.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Nick Davis was held goalless for the first time in his SFL career yesterday. For the opposition, one D.Cresswell kicked 3 goals

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Nick Davis was held goalless for the first time in his SFL career yesterday. For the opposition, one D.Cresswell kicked 3 goals
    I bet neither of them have the responsibility of looking after their team's beer funds?

Oh my gawd......is D.Cresswell playing then? ugg you star. the crap you know. I have got to see one of these games, sooner rather than later I think.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

I didn't start this thread and I take issue with the hackneyed sarcasm in the title.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Was Betfair betting on this game? Nick would have laid himself and picked up some extra coin for kicking zip

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nich View Post
    Was Betfair betting on this game? Nick would have laid himself and picked up some extra coin for kicking zip
    Safe to say that if there was gambling allowed on that particular game Davo isn't the ex-Swan that the bookies would be scrutinizing.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    I used to love Nic Davis, don't get me wrong. I appreciated his efforts when they became brilliant, and he did have some brilliant games, none more so than in the last quarter against Geelong. But it took to the 4th quarter after a bake from Kirky to get him to do what he could do. Hot and cold, brilliant and not on for the day, frustrating and game breaking.
    Primmy, go and watch that wonderful 4th quarter again and they'll show the top performers to 3/4 time as they kick off the final quarter.
    Last edited by stellation; 5th July 2010 at 06:02 PM.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Veterans List
    I noticed a J. Saddington in the best players lists as well!

Veterans List
    At least we got a clear answer to the Vez question yesterday. If it's a conspiracy it's widespread. Stuey Dew at the MA Noble aftermatch said that Vez needs to improve his fitness and he knows that. "When a player can only play 10 minutes before he has to come off it's too disruptive of team structure during the game".

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    At least we got a clear answer to the Vez question yesterday. If it's a conspiracy it's widespread. Stuey Dew at the MA Noble aftermatch said that Vez needs to improve his fitness and he knows that. "When a player can only play 10 minutes before he has to come off it's too disruptive of team structure during the game".
    With all the info available to recruiters these days you have to ask why did we recruit an unfit player or has he gone downhill since coming to the club? Sad waste of a No 11 pick if he doesn't make it.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    A valid excuse at the start of the year when he was clearly blowing up after 5 or 10 minutes, but it's improved considerably and at the last 2 home reserves games I don't think it's been an issue.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast