Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Vez the second coming of Nick Davis? Discuss...

Vez the second coming of Nick Davis? Discuss...

Quote Originally Posted by hammo View Post
    If anyone can explain why Vesz is playing in Canberra this week please let us know?
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I hope the answer is that he appeared to get a bit of a knock in the leg / groin area last week in the final term. If he hasn't quite got over it, maybe they think it is better he play reserves until he is properly fit.

But who really knows!!
    Vespremi = Davis
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Hell View Post
    Vespremi = Davis
    A little bit tough on Pat but probably partially true. I get the feeling the coaches are trying to beat it out of him before they give him a regular game.

Nah, don't think so. The kid is still evolving, and he does work no doubt about it. His tank was always a bit sus, but that has improved. His decision making was sus, and that has improved. His involvement in the game has improved out of sight. He is less likely to be all about glory goals. But he is not better than any other senior player, i.e, he is not yet in a position to force his way in.

Also I think Liz is right, he was limping big time at one stage, and was clearly uncomfortable. He is however starting to show persistence, and that means to me that he is evolving as a player. But I doubt you would play him at the MCG if you had better options at hand. And we do.

Definitely not a Davis type.
    Last edited by Primmy; 3rd July 2010 at 09:04 AM.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    Nah, don't think so. The kid is still evolving, and he does work no doubt about it. His tank was always a bit sus, but that has improved. His decision making was sus, and that has improved. His involvement in the game has improved out of sight. He is less likely to be all about glory goals. But he is not better than any other senior player, i.e, he is not yet in a position to force his way in.

Also I think Liz is right, he was limping big time at one stage, and was clearly uncomfortable. He is however starting to show persistence, and that means to me that he is evolving as a player. But I doubt you would play him at the MCG if you had better options at hand. And we do.

Definitely not a Davis type.
    Good to hear, I hope he gets there soon as he has a lot of positive energy and is fun to watch play in a team that can be a little dull occasionally.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    A little bit tough on Pat but probably partially true. I get the feeling the coaches are trying to beat it out of him before they give him a regular game.
    Like Davis? A firing Vespremi is in our best 22.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Like Davis? A firing Vespremi is in our best 22.
    So was a firing Davis. If Vesz matches him for talent I'll be delighted.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

A firing Davis was always on his terms. Team was not a major criteria, even if he had the talent. I think you will find that Patty has more team awareness than Davis had.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    If he can combine the talent with the team awareness we'll have another double Brownlow winner on our hands.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    If he can combine the talent with the team awareness we'll have another double Brownlow winner on our hands.
    That is a very BIG call.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Bas View Post
    That is a very BIG call.
    A touch of hyperbole perhaps, but i really rate Davis' talent.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Vespremi = Davis
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    A firing Davis was always on his terms. Team was not a major criteria, even if he had the talent. I think you will find that Patty has more team awareness than Davis had.
    Yeah, god forbid a young player should stick around for 10 seasons, play 168 games, kick 235 goals, play in 3 Grand Finals, win a premiership and represent his country.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    Yeah, god forbid a young player should stick around for 10 seasons, play 168 games, kick 235 goals, play in 3 Grand Finals, win a premiership and represent his country.
    Yeah, Davis was a gun. Go and get stuffed you peanuts.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast