Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Anyone have vid of Mike Pyke's mark and play on goal?

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Brent Piltz - unless I've spelt his name wrong. He came off the rookie list and I believe played just one game (might be two) with the senior team in the very early naughties.
    Yeah, I know him.

Blonde kid.

But not a ruckman.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Brent Piltz - unless I've spelt his name wrong. He came off the rookie list and I believe played just one game (might be two) with the senior team in the very early naughties.
    1 game v Essendon - Round 19 2001.

Stats - 1 disposal (1 handball) and 1 tackle.

*Defender
    Last edited by Nich; 6th July 2010 at 08:51 PM.

He's is certainly streets ahead of anything Chambers ever produced for us, while Meiklejohn, Shaw, Erickson and Piltz are names of illustrious rucks who between them filled a spot on our list for nearly a decade for the grand total of about 2 senior games, and probably one mark and one tackle between them. Meiklejohn and Chambers couldn't even mark the ball at reserves level (though MJ sounds like he has developed significantly since he left us, to the point of being talked up as a mature aged draftee in the next year or so).
    Was wondering if you forgot to put Mott on that list, Liz, then saw the word "illustrious". Still played more than the others combined, 17 games in 2002 when Ball and Doyle couldn't get out of the medical rooms, plus two for Carlton after Eade canned him for a poor attitude. Somehow I feel much safer with Pyke in the team over someone like Mott - players like Pyke seem to have a one-track mind to succeed at everything they approach.
    Last edited by laughingnome; 7th July 2010 at 02:15 AM.
    10100111001 ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by laughingnome View Post
    Was wondering if you forgot to put Mott on that list, Liz, then saw the word "illustrious". Still played more than the others combined, 17 games in 2002 when Ball and Doyle couldn't get out of the medical rooms, plus two for Carlton after Eade canned him for a poor attitude. Somehow I feel much safer with Pyke in the team over someone like Mott - players like Pyke seem to have a one-track mind to succeed at everything they approach.
    Spot on giggler. Good post.
    Forgot about Mott, probably because he was forgetable.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Would have been memorable if he had converted that shot to win us the game against ...................... I can't remember
    Last edited by RogueSwan; 7th July 2010 at 09:29 AM.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Essendon I think.....groan.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    Essendon I think.....groan.
    Yeah. First game at ANZ iirc.
    10100111001 ;-)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234