Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lewis Johnston a Chance to get a Call Up.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    The paragraph about White seems more like speculation from the reporter rather than a quote from Roos.

Goodes-TDL-Moore-Meredith-Bevan would be my best guess for a makeshift forward line.

Anyone know what Kieran Emery is doing this weekend?
    Time to resurrect the Plonk The Donk campaign?
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

This is a good time to give him a taste of it, we have Norf, Carlton and Melbourne as our next 3 opponents.
    Play him on a forward flank.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

We need to play LJ because we are going nowhere fast with the forward line we have got at the moment.

Richmond played Griffiths. I think it was his second game, but he made a contribution. It's LJ's second season and he has played quite a few in a row at reserves level, so he couldn't do any worse.

If he's not ready now to play on a flank, he never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by hammo View Post
    Time to resurrect the Plonk The Donk campaign?
    YES!! Go the Donk.

..if only..

On this LJ, why not give him a go.. The other one is just as skinny, he won't break. Two, three games while White (hopefully) gets some strong form/cohesion/confidence into his game, and get Bradshaw %100. If Craig Bolton was in, I'd throw Grundy forward but if that we're to happen.. they'd bring in terrible ted to play the 'spare man' role.

Would be interesting to see Pyke thrown forward.....

Plonk the Pyke!

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Would be interesting to see Pyke thrown forward.....

Plonk the Pyke!
    I lyke it!
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Senior Player
    Why not play Ted forward, he kicked a couple of bags in his first couple of preseason games for us and has never set foot inside the forward line again.

He is tall, reasonably quick, and takes a good mark, couldn't hurt to give him a go there now. Happy to see Johnston also get a game but he's not developed enough to play key position yet

Quote Originally Posted by Chilcott View Post
    We need to play LJ because we are going nowhere fast with the forward line we have got at the moment.

Richmond played Griffiths. I think it was his second game, but he made a contribution. It's LJ's second season and he has played quite a few in a row at reserves level, so he couldn't do any worse.

If he's not ready now to play on a flank, he never will be.
    Note: he was out all of 2009 after operation on a dodgy foot. Therefore he has had half a season in the last 18 months.

Stillandall I do rate him, but worry that for this bloke maybe half a season is not enough after a full season on the sidelines. It was ok for Hanners, he is a different kettle of fish, and I would be high fiving everyone if LJ hits the jackpot, but ..... iffy. At present. Not permanently. Just now. I worry a bit.
    Last edited by Primmy; 7th July 2010 at 03:50 PM.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

What about switching Pyke and Mumford between ruck and forward line..... or is that just crazy talk?

Quote Originally Posted by Peace View Post
    What about switching Pyke and Mumford between ruck and forward line..... or is that just crazy talk?
    That's what we did after Playfair left the ground against Richmond. Not the worst idea in the playbook. If only Seaby was fit...
    10100111001 ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by laughingnome View Post
    That's what we did after Playfair left the ground against Richmond. Not the worst idea in the playbook. If only Seaby was fit...
    Yeah and we lost to richmond. Not syaing its a bad move, but it's not the answer to our forward woes. We have no Bradshaw, no White ( he's injured right?), and now no Henry. Goodes is our only tall target down there. Bring in LJ, time to throw caution to the wind. Chuck the Rooster up forward as well. Giving us a forward line look of ( in no particular order) TDL, Rohan, Goodes, LJ, McGlynn, Moore. At the very least there'll be some added spark with Rohan, and Moore and McGlynn add alot thats been missing the past couple of months. If LJ can run around a HFF, take a few marks and kick a few into the F50 than that would be a productive outing IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Peace View Post
    Even if they are just there to bring the ball to ground (Pyke showed last week that there might even be a forward line mark occasionally) and get some pace at ground level, shame about Rohan but could bring Jetta back to run past the contest and we could try to beat them one point at a time. The way Mummy tackles and attacks the ball could have some defenders thinking twice too,

HOWEVER,

got to bring new players in sometime and now might just be LJ's time.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast