Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lewis Johnston a Chance to get a Call Up.

Lewis Johnston a Chance to get a Call Up.

Due to the horror which is our forward line injury list (a stress fracture in Henry's back!! How dismal would you feel!!), there was a mention in the SMH today that LJ was being considered, but with great reservation as he is still new and undeveloped.

I agree.

BUT, perhaps he would do a Pyke and actually rise to the occasion. Or would it crush the kid. Thoughts?
    Last edited by Primmy; 7th July 2010 at 09:05 AM.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Nope, time to play the kid. We have no one else to choose from!!!
    Last edited by johnno; 7th July 2010 at 10:01 AM.

Play him. Perfect opportunity.

Melbourne played Watts when he wasn't ready and he's starting to look alright.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Play him! (but I'm sure they won't)

Senior Player
    Play White.

Seriously kids rarely give you anything for the first season. Let alone such an exposed position. He will have the sides second best defender and he will be crushed.

Put white in, and if there is a 3rd or 4th forward sport come up then give that to him.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Plugger46 View Post
    Play him. Perfect opportunity.

Melbourne played Watts when he wasn't ready and he's starting to look alright.
    They could afford to being in the bottom 4, every ladder postion is coin in our bank and the fickle sydney fans need encouragment to get to games. We are 8th, no need to start getting silly.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    Due to the horror which is our forward line injury list (a stress fracture in Henry's back!! How dismal would you feel!!), there was a mention in the SMH today that LJ was being considered, but with great reservation as he is still new and undeveloped.

I agree.

BUT, perhaps he would do a Pyke and actually rise to the occasion. Or would it crush the kid. Thoughts?
    Primmy I've got the herald right in front of me and don't see any mention of LJ

Quote Originally Posted by magic.merkin View Post
    They could afford to being in the bottom 4, every ladder postion is coin in our bank and the fickle sydney fans need encouragment to get to games. We are 8th, no need to start getting silly.
    In a perfect world I'd agree with you but White can't get anywhere near it for the time being and everyone else is injured.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Primmy I've got the herald right in front of me and don't see any mention of LJ
    Apologies its the Daily Telegraph, listing all our injuries. Sorry; too much morning coffee.

PS; They won't play White, a) injured, b) other issues which are disappointing.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Grundy and Currie forward, White to fullback, maybe Johnson on the wing or half forward. Why not experiment? All the talk of being conservative because of being in the eight will in hindsight just be a wasted opportinuty not getting games into developing players.

Living in 2005
    How many mistakes did J.Reiwoldt make before his star run started a few weeks into this year?. I reckon we should start throwing them in and deal with it while they develop.

Canberra concerns me for this current group, the jump seems too big.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    Apologies its the Daily Telegraph, listing all our injuries. Sorry; too much morning coffee.

PS; They won't play White, a) injured, b) other issues which are disappointing.
    The paragraph about White seems more like speculation from the reporter rather than a quote from Roos.

Goodes-TDL-Moore-Meredith-Bevan would be my best guess for a makeshift forward line.

Anyone know what Kieran Emery is doing this weekend?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast