17 38.64%
  • Unexpected

16 36.36%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Horse Era: John Longmire Gameplan 2011

The Horse Era: John Longmire Gameplan 2011

What are you expecting

I would hope different. Roos was different to Eade. We will need a new assistant so all that counts as well. Otherwise I have no idea.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Aren't we seeing it now...
    up the guts

Quotes like this make you wonder if things will be any different

There have been a few players that have had a good solid period of form who will come into the team. Paul Bevan was probably a bit unlucky early on in the season to be dropped and he is one that has been included, along with Brett Meredith and Ted Richards.
    Is it too late to send an SOS out to Choco ?
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Interesting this thread should have been started a few days ago; here's a club article with the same title:

The Game Plan - with John Longmire - Official AFL Website of the Sydney Swans Football Club

It may only be a puff piece, but the worrying thing is that there isn't a plan anywhere in the article.
    Last edited by dimelb; 10th July 2010 at 12:38 AM.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

I wouldn't expect anything to change until the handover. With the compromised draft over the next few years, you would expect the younger players to get better and the older ones to fight for survival.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Same thing I'm afraid.

Can't see any change coming unless forced by bottom four spot and then it won't be till 2012 anyway.

No matter what, they all dance to their own tune. Its the combination of coaches that make a difference imo. Look how things shifted when whatsis (sorry) moved to St Kilda.

Wonder if Frosty will get/want a senior gig. Put Kirky into Ressies. Or Stuey for that matter......imagine all those instructions coming out of the side of his mouth, which is his want. Not sure if pure coaching is his gig. I could see B2 as a coach though. but I digress......

Just as long as we don't get the Junk Yard Dog, or Choco for that matter as assistant. Can't see that happening moving a family of 10 to Sydney.....nah.
    Last edited by Primmy; 10th July 2010 at 01:29 PM.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post

Just as long as we don't get the Junk Yard Dog, or Choco for that matter as assistant.
    Why wouldn't you want a premiership coach on the coaching panel?
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

No, not that one.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    Interesting this thread should have been started a few days ago; here's a club article with the same title:

The Game Plan - with John Longmire - Official AFL Website of the Sydney Swans Football Club

It may only be a puff piece, but the worrying thing is that there isn't a plan anywhere in the article.
    There's never a plan in those 'Game Plan' articles is there? I would be concerned if we were putting our game plan for the weekend up on the website for the rival coaches to counter before game day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast