Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pick our finals squad

Cool Pick our finals squad

Assume everyone is healthy and available for selection. Which 22 will take us the furtherest into the '10 finals series - best positions included?

It's tough, no doubt. Mine:

Smith Bolton Mattner
    Shaw LRT Grundy
    Malceski Kirk McVeigh
    McGlynn White O'Keefe
    Jack Bradshaw Jetta

Mumford Goodes Bolton

Seaby Kennelly Kennedy Hannebery

Next in Line:
    Meredith
    Rohan
    Pyke
    TDL
    Moore
    Bird
    Sanford Wheeler 4 President!

B: Craig Bolton, Lewis Roberts-Thomson, Heath Grundy
    HB: Rhyce Shaw, Nick Smith, Tadhg Kennelly
    C: Nick Malceski, Brett Kirk, Kieren Jack
    HF: Daniel Hannebery, Ryan O'Keefe, Adam Goodes,
    F: Ben McGlynn, Daniel Bradshaw, Jesse White
    Foll: Shane Mumford, Jude Bolton, Jarrad McVeigh
    I/C: Brett Meredith, Josh Kennedy, Mark Seaby, Gary Rohan

Emg: Moore, Mattner, Meredith, Jetta

Something a bit different if White doesn't pull his finger out....and i prefer Ranga to Jets at the moment.

Smith Bolton LRT
    Mattner Grundy Kennelly
    Malceski McVeigh Jack
    Rohan Seaby O'Keefe
    McGlynn Bradshaw Kirk

Mummy Goodes Bolton

Shaw Hannebury Pyke Kennedy

Bird is ahead of all those next-in-lines, aside from Pyke who is not comparable as they play completely different positions. You could also argue Bird is ahead of Jetta, and possibly Mattner.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Bolton - Grundy - Smith
    Kennelly - LRT - Mattner
    McVeigh - Jude - Goodes
    Malceski - White - McGlynn
    Moore - Bradshaw - Jack
    Seaby/Mumford - O'Keefe - Kennedy

Inter; Kirk - Bird - Hannerbery - Seaby/Mumford
    E; Jetta - Rohan - Meredith

Moore, McGlynn and Shaw are the three I'd be looking at the form of most closely, imo any of the emergencys could replace them close to seamlessly.

Huh. Forgot O'Keefe. Who do I drop? Geez. Has to be Shaw.

The big worry is still the forward line. One of the talls there has to present across CHF, does White have the motor to do that all day? Should be able to kick enough goals, though, if Bradshaw can produce from full forward.
    Defense should be able to handle any combination of talls and smalls, except perhaps still C'Wood with their flotilla of quick smalls.
    The midfield is still just lacking the top line quality of the top sides, my hope is O'Keefe returns to his early season brilliance.

P.s, anyone know why Opera underlines some players names in red, but not all?
    Last edited by Bleed Red Blood; 12th July 2010 at 03:12 AM.

B: CBolton LRT Mattner
    HB: Malcheski Grundy Kennelly
    C: Smith Kirk McVeigh
    HF: Rohan O'Keefe McGlynn
    F: White Bradshaw TDL/Vespremi

R: Mumford JBolton Goodes

Int: Seaby Hannebery Kennedy Meredith

EMER: Jack Bird Jetta

Think the backline is pretty straight forward, while the forwardline is an absolute crap shoot...with alot depending on form and the ability to deliver on promise (White and TDL). Bolton started the year as the small defender, and was replaced by Smith, who has graduated to the premier runwith player in the team.

I've gone for balance. Speed, skill and brute force.
    Last edited by Bloody Hell; 12th July 2010 at 05:44 AM.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

and Youth!
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Bleed Red Blood View Post
    Bolton - Grundy - Smith
    Kennelly - LRT - Mattner
    McVeigh - Jude - Goodes
    Malceski - White - McGlynn
    Moore - Bradshaw - Jack
    Seaby/Mumford - O'Keefe - Kennedy

Inter; Kirk - Bird - Hannerbery - Seaby/Mumford
    E; Jetta - Rohan - Meredith

Moore, McGlynn and Shaw are the three I'd be looking at the form of most closely, imo any of the emergencys could replace them close to seamlessly.

Huh. Forgot O'Keefe. Who do I drop? Geez. Has to be Shaw.

The big worry is still the forward line. One of the talls there has to present across CHF, does White have the motor to do that all day? Should be able to kick enough goals, though, if Bradshaw can produce from full forward.
    Defense should be able to handle any combination of talls and smalls, except perhaps still C'Wood with their flotilla of quick smalls.
    The midfield is still just lacking the top line quality of the top sides, my hope is O'Keefe returns to his early season brilliance.

P.s, anyone know why Opera underlines some players names in red, but not all?
    I agree with Moore and Shaw, but McGlynn, really? I think he's been fantastic and we missed him dreadfully when out injured.

On the Rookie List
    B - Mattner, Bolton, Grundy
    HB - Macleski, LRT, Kennelly
    C - Shaw, Kennedy, Bolton
    HF- O'Keefe, Goodes, McGlynn
    F - White, Bradshaw, Rohan

Ruck - Mumford, Kirk
    Rover- Jack

I/C - Pyke, Smith, Richards, McVeigh

Pyke has been good enough to cement his spot ahead of Seaby's return - i just think Seaby will have been injured for too long and will not tbe playing his best footy. Still a big call but i think Pyke as a mature age recruit will relish the oppurtunity and step up to the standard required.

Richards because he is so versatile and can play back or forward and is a highly experienced player. If we need another tall going forward or keep a firing forward quiet he presents another option.

To be honest i think all things being equal the mid-fielder under most pressure is Kirk. Kennedy has overtaken him considerably as our hard nut ball-winner and Jack is our tagger. By playing Kirk we risk being too slow through the mid-field. I suspect what Roos may do thoguh is drop Richards instead and play Hannebury - we just don't have any extra tall to cover but i guess with Bolton, LRT and Grundy we have plenty of tall options down back - in a pinch we could rest Pyke and Mumford up forward.
    Last edited by Swanner; 12th July 2010 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Hell View Post
    B: CBolton LRT Mattner
    HB: Malcheski Grundy Kennelly
    C: Smith Kirk McVeigh
    HF: Rohan O'Keefe McGlynn
    F: White Bradshaw TDL/Vespremi

R: Mumford JBolton Goodes

Int: Seaby Hannebery Kennedy Meredith

EMER: Jack Bird Jetta

Think the backline is pretty straight forward, while the forwardline is an absolute crap shoot...with alot depending on form and the ability to deliver on promise (White and TDL). Bolton started the year as the small defender, and was replaced by Smith, who has graduated to the premier runwith player in the team.

I've gone for balance. Speed, skill and brute force.

u lost me when u put jack as an emergency
    Theres not much left to say

Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    I agree with Moore and Shaw, but McGlynn, really? I think he's been fantastic and we missed him dreadfully when out injured.
    I didn't have the opportunity to see the games that had people on here raving about him. What I have seen has been heaps good.. I suppose I put him in that fringe category cause like Moore he is playing that half forward type role that I think any of my emergencies could play, if a player we're to drop out who had been playing further up the field it would require reshuffling the side more, something I think generally unwise the deeper into the season it is.

McGlynn has been an incredibly consistent when fit... He is basically a shorter combination of Kirk and Jude who kicks goals, easily in our best 22.
    Last edited by Peace; 12th July 2010 at 03:45 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast