Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Big H retires as at today !!!

Warming the Bench
    In 2008 when Hall was out suspended Mickey O'loughlin played some of his best football in years and he credited it to Playfair.
    Henry would lead from deep and create a lot of space for Mickey to run into whereas Hall would demand the ball and in latter years was often getting it on the wings and then kicked it in the direction of where he should have been which generally resulted in two or three defenders in the way.(Think of all the Collingwood games)
    Henry wasn't the greatest player, but if you were to ask anyone at the the club they would tell you he had what they call football smarts.
    Thanks for your contribution to the club Henry.

Living in 2005
    Never lacked effort, well done on giving it everything Henry.

man that sucks, i really liked the guy.

Just shows that some bodies just can't handle the stress of AFL... I beleive he had the ability but just couldn't string enough games together for us to build that confidence you need as a key forward.

I can definitely see a big future for him in the AFL Media if he chooses to go that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Number 43 View Post
    Why start a post about a player's retirement if you haven't got anything positive to say. Shameful.
    Good for you, you beat me to it.

Henry has put in effort, a great deal of effort. He is a good player. He has had an awful time with injury. He was willing to work and work towards his goal, and the club gave him the chance as a mature ( repeat that word MATURE.........) rookie. He has worked with the kids, he gave leadership to the Ressies. He has provided us with multiple glimpses of the boys on the Swans website even when he must have been killing to get into the mainstream. He continued to contribute ..... may we all acknowledge his effort and applaud it. He wasn't Kell, he wasn't BBB, but he was/is a Swan, and should be respected as such.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

I've seen him play some terrific football. It must be a sad day when you retire from something you love, so putting the boot in is pretty poor IMO.
    Anyway, all the best luck to Henry in his future.

good on you Primmy !

Agree with #43, Primmy and Margo.

Not cool and most definately not necessary, even if they are your true feelings.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Agreed. Henry seems like a nice guy and good on him for giving it a go up here. All the best for whatever you do next Henry.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

On the Rookie List
    Henry had a comfortable job at the club playing in the 2's and acting as a "daddy" to the young players.By all accounts he was well respected in this job. I am sure all supporters want to thank him for the good job he did in this important year. Ironically,it was probably the Senior call up that shortened his career by exposing his body to the rigours and speed of the modern game. He loyally answered the call and didn't shirk the contest and gave his best.Shame we have lost a loyal servant of the club and wish him well in the future.

We will always have this to remember him by...

Photo Gallery - Official AFL Website of the Sydney Swans Football Club

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    Agree with #43, Primmy and Margo.

Not cool and most definately not necessary, even if they are your true feelings.
    4thd, really quite disapointing,

It's a thread to say goodbye and recognise his efforts through all he went through.

Not stick the boots in.

Luckily for us 3/4 of our liist havn't been injured anywhere near his levels.

Thanks for the leadership of the youngins, the comic relief and your effort Henry!

On the Rookie List
    Agreed Magic,

Henry was a great clubman who from all reports and his contributions on the swans website he was a well liked guy. Another footballer who was unluckily dogged by injury his whole career.

I was soo happy to be at Manuka when he made his comback v WB this year; at his best in 08 he gave us structure and straighten us up, even if his kicking at goal was not the greatest.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast