Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Finally - a clash jumper needed

Finally - a clash jumper needed

When we play Gold Coast Suns, away.

'We are the suns of the Gold Coast sky' - AFL.com.au
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Yes but we've never actually clashed with anyone
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    I'm a little bit miffed that they chose colours so close to ours - there's hardly any yellow or blue in that "home" jumper.

Quote Originally Posted by Xie Shan View Post
    I'm a little bit miffed that they chose colours so close to ours - there's hardly any yellow or blue in that "home" jumper.
    Agreed. I would have thought they would have gone for a gold strip? Not on point but I think GWS should go the NSW blue like Sydney FC and the origin team.

Quote Originally Posted by hammo View Post
    However, Gold Coast's clash strip is largely white with blue trim and a blue wave. It will be worn in away matches against Adelaide, the Brisbane Lions, Essendon and Melbourne.

Apparently we don't clash.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

I wonder how much they paid someone to come up with that. Its all a bit plain really.

I am not a fan of their logo, jumpers, or their song - what a disaster. I still don't understand why they haven't made a really distinct clash jumper (something to really market from the club's inception) - the all white varieties don't look good for clubs that don't have white as a main colour (Brisbane is a prime example - it looks insipid). I thought they should use yellow as their away strip.

Not sure how good it will look when they play the Swans.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Hell View Post
    However, Gold Coast's clash strip is largely white with blue trim and a blue wave. It will be worn in away matches against Adelaide, the Brisbane Lions, Essendon and Melbourne.

Apparently we don't clash.
    That's a bit ridiculous. If they're going to clash with Melbourne, they're certainly going to clash with us. I hope we do use our clash strip from next year - I like it. I'd prefer we wore it for all away games actually.

Quote Originally Posted by swansrob View Post
    I hope we do use our clash strip from next year - I like it. I'd prefer we wore it for all away games actually.
    I agree, like the EPL with their separate strips for home and away.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Maybe its just the training jumper at present, so that they stand out from the hoy poloi while playing in the VFL, and the proper jumper will make an appearance at their first AFL game. That's what I would do.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

I like it. Love the wave on the away guernsey. Plus ther red looks kind of orangey to me, so not as classy as ours... Haven't listened to the song yet - something to entertain me later in the day!

Don't away strips have to be mainly white, so that the home team can wear the solid colours? Personally, I would support Shirts v Skins for Home v Visitors...
    Superman still wears Brett Kirk Pyjamas

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast