Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: The positives

The positives for me is that I won't have to pay the increased motel costs in September in another state... LOL

That Horse has to change up the game plan or he will be out of a job! Something to look forward to in 2011..

Rod_

There are quite a few positives for me

Hanners - he looked to tail of a bit mid season but his form has been really good for the past month. Looks like he will develop into a very good player and future captain.

Goodes - Back in form baby, love to watch him in full flight.

White - Really seems to respond to a dropping. His last 2 games have been good and hopefully he keeps it up. If this year is his second year blues then next year he should explode

Mal - Another solid game, tried hard and needs to step up as a leader when kirk, bolton, goodes are gone

McGynn - love him. Has a real crack. I wish a few more talented players on our list would learn from his effort

Jetta - will be a gun in a few years. Just has to pick up the pace of the game a bit better he should flourish after a couple of pre seasons.

I think we saw today that some of the young and middle aged players are stepping up and should for the nucleus of our team for the medium to long term

Great servant of the club, and this era will quickly be forgotten in the scheme of things, but the only positive is someone new will be taking the list over soon and surely that person will realise there are 5-6 in the team that will not take us forward. Seriously great servants but, Shaw, Mattner, O'Keefe, Kenneally, Bevan, Kirk (already going), Richards? (I wonder whether he will be better next year having recovered from the Fevola clash)

Need to assess everyone over 28 as to whether we need them. This is very reminiscent of the End of Eade, when he pathologically refused to play young guys and stuck to ageing players, which Roosy promptly turned around. I can understand why as it is probably really frustrating as they go through a learning curve but needs to happen.

So that is my positive
    You don't ban those who supported your opponent, you make them wallow in their loserdom by covering your victory! You sit them in the front row. You give them a hat! Toby Ziegler

Blog Entries
    I had a positively delightful lunch.
    Prawns, Oysters, Salmon, Spanner Crab, Blue Eye, Beef medallions, Chicken, Veg, an a massive plate of desserts, before the game.
    Managed to arrive at the ground at exactly 2pm.
    Also managed to make it home, with less than a minute on the clock.

On the footy side.
    Melbourne are going to be a pretty good team in the next few years.

I was always taught that if you can't say anything positive, don't say anything.

That is all!!
    Last edited by Doctor J.; 26th July 2010 at 09:21 AM.

Veterans List
    We finally reached a critical mass of "outs" - LRT plus Nic Smith plus B2 all gone was always a recipe for disaster (especially when the midfield was thrashed). That was the same situation when Port flogged us years ago - we simply didn't have a ruckman that week. No Braddy so a cobbled together forward line - and we should appreciate that Jesse is finally lifting after a dud year. And surely ROK and McVeigh are injured? Hanners, McGlyn and Goodes were great; Meredith (apart from running too far around the goal square) wasn't bad.

It was a rare Swans game that I had to walk away from the TV but the next morning I'm more relaxed (good thing the other Adam won over on Ch10). The main positive is that I'm relaxed with whatever the rest of the season produces. No more aspiration of the team lifting as we head towards finals. If I see another win this season it'd be nice. So I'll get on with my life with the Swans moving into a minor role. A rather Zen morning around here.
    Last edited by Go Swannies; 26th July 2010 at 10:07 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    A rather Zen morning around here.
    Numb??

On the Rookie List
    Melbourne had a "play the kids " policy and now are flogging us and challenging teams like Collingwood.
    I think they are a good team with a good coach and we underrated them. Not soo bad to lose to them!

Quote Originally Posted by Hartijon View Post
    Melbourne had a "play the kids " policy and now are flogging us and challenging teams like Collingwood.
    I think they are a good team with a good coach and we underrated them. Not soo bad to lose to them!
    Yep and when they eventually get their best 22 on the park watch out.

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by DST View Post
    Over the course of season most sides have one of those days and it was our turn today.

No need to linger, there is another game next week and with North and Adelaide losing it looks like we will play finals this year which will be a nice way to say good bye to both Kirk and Roos who have done so much for this club, while allowing blokes like Smith, Hannaberry, White, Merideth, Jetta etc to get a chance to play in a final.

DST
    We still need at least 1 more win to play finals this year IMO.....where is it going to come from? Brisbane in round 22 will be tough, they will be keen to go out on a high note.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by msb View Post
    We still need at least 1 more win to play finals this year IMO.....where is it going to come from? Brisbane in round 22 will be tough, they will be keen to go out on a high note.
    Are you confusing them with the Eagles in the old Chick n' Cuz days?

On the Rookie List
    I was totally depressed yesterday afternoon. A glass (or two) of red and watching the TDF last night helped a bit. I always thought this Melbourne game was a danger game for us. Hate going in as favourite especially when playing a Melbourne based team at the "G". Demons were on fire, helped by some early umpiring decisions (don't get me started there!) and when sides get on a roll like that and they run, tackle, chase hard....well, they're impossible to stop. I felt for our boys, but there's some games left this season, and let's hope we can acquit ourselves a bit better. Perhaps going in as the underdog will help.
    Run2Live,Live2Run

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast