Thread: Country star bags 31 goals

Country star bags 31 goals

Fair effort this I reckon, what is the record for Sydney AFL?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/af...-1225896888840

Almost Football Legend
    There was a bloke who played for East Sydney in the late 1970s and early 1980s (long before my time in Sydney AFL) - forgotten his name, but he kicked 200 in a season a couple of times; so must have had some big bags of goals to get that high.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Quote Originally Posted by Norris Lurker View Post
    There was a bloke who played for East Sydney in the late 1970s and early 1980s (long before my time in Sydney AFL) - forgotten his name, but he kicked 200 in a season a couple of times; so must have had some big bags of goals to get that high.
    1981 Peter RUSCUKLIC East Sydney 213
    1980 Peter RUSCUKLIC East Sydney 156
    1979 Peter RUSCUKLIC East Sydney 136

I think he was on Fitzroy's list at one stage, and had a brother Alex that was a Lion as well. I heard that in 1980 or 81 he had his jaw broken mid season and still kicked over a tonne. Perhaps Oscar has some more info, as he won the leading Goals in 77.

Quote Originally Posted by Pekay View Post

I think he was on Fitzroy's list at one stage, and had a brother Alex that was a Lion as well. I heard that in 1980 or 81 he had his jaw broken mid season and still kicked over a tonne. Perhaps Oscar has some more info, as he won the leading Goals in 77.
    Did Easts play at Trumper? If so, he was probably in their backline.

Commentary Team Captain BeeEmmAre's Avatar
    I know Josh Bode's parents. They were the publicans at a town called Oaklands where my grandparents live and I played footy for two years. Bode played for them I think for a year shortly after I left but left to coach Hay before joining Rovers. Oaklands (now merged with Urana and known as Billabong Crows) have been trying to get him back ever since.
    Poor old Wunghnu has won something like three or four matches in the last 12 years. But they still field four teams.
    "It's up to the rest of the players in the room to make a new batch of premiership players next year," Adam Goodes, triple Bob Skilton Medallist, October 7, 2011.

YOU BETCHA!!!!!!

Warming the Bench

I remember reading that Alex was known as the "Flying Nun" in his time at Fitzroy.

Marked none, kicked none..........

i played out in parkes when i was younger and there was a guy for dubbo who kicked about 300 goals in a season i think his best was about 42 goals a game, this is where dubbo's average win in that season was about 210 points and they beat us in the grand final by about 130 points

Yes , Easts always played out of Trumper.When the doggies left trendies cut the grandstand in half.
    Peter never moved out of square.He cost Easts a fortune in lost footballs .
    give it to the game

On the Rookie List
    Michael Smith for killarney vale bombers kicked 232 goals in 1987 im pretty sure
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank the Tank View Post
    Fair effort this I reckon, what is the record for Sydney AFL?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/af...-1225896888840

Warming the Bench

Alex Ruscuklic played over 100 games for Fitzroy and also spent a season at Carlton.