Thread: Backchatting the Umps

Senior Player

Question Backchatting the Umps

I noticed last night that the Geelong players spent much of the time around the stoppages complaining to the Umps about how they should have been given a free kick for whatever.Didn't hear the umps say a word about it or penalise it, in fact it seemed to work in their favour.

I also noted that the Swans never seem to do this. Perhaps if we occasionally said "boo" about being mistreated it might indicate some passion out there and even work in our favour.Are we scared to stand up for ourselves?
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

You give away 50 if you do, unless you are the cats......sad but a fact.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Senior Player
    Funny you should say that - I felt that the Geelong players were umpiring the game at times

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by annew View Post
    Funny you should say that - I felt that the Geelong players were umpiring the game at times
    I called out that it must be nice to fly up with your own umps.

What about the Cats players who tackled and rolled over the heads of the Swans? It happened often enough that it must have been a plan. No penalty. Swans player did it - free. And how about the Cats tunnelling - if it had been B2 it would have been a 50 m?

Chapman is one of the worst for complaining to the umps... does it week in week out.
    I would admire his ability much more if he were to wipe this out of his game.
    Ed Considine's day out - Round 3, 16th April 1995.
    11 Kicks, 13 Handballs, 8 Marks, 1 Goal, 1 Behind, 1 Tackle, 1 Hitout, 3 Brownlow votes (his only votes)
    Ed = God

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    I called out that it must be nice to fly up with your own umps.

What about the Cats players who tackled and rolled over the heads of the Swans? It happened often enough that it must have been a plan. No penalty. Swans player did it - free. And how about the Cats tunnelling - if it had been B2 it would have been a 50 m?
    I noticed that too. On one accasion a free was payed against a Swan (Bolton I think). The ump payed a high tackle against him whilst his head was being crushed under the Geelong player's body. Unbelievable!
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

I am going out on a limb here, and will probably have my comments removed, but Vozzo is not fond of us, and umpire 23 is a junior ump and has hammered us incorrectly in the past as well as being a chief contributer last night; our belief is that he is trying to make a name for himself, which is why I refuse to give him one.
    Last edited by Primmy; 1st August 2010 at 02:23 PM.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Sweet home Novacastria
    Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    I am going out on a limb here, and will probably have my comments removed, but Vozzo is not fond of us, and umpire 23 is a junior ump and has hammered us incorrectly in the past as well as being a chief contributer last night; our belief is that he is trying to make a name for himself, which is why I refuse to give him one.
    I gave him one, Auskick. Because thats where he should be. Apologies to anyone around aisle 108 who had to put up with my critique of his performance. Absolutely disgraceful