Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Round 15: Sydney Swans Reserves v Queanbeyan Tigers

Veterans List
    Yep, got to my first ressies game in oh so long AND got to have my very first non-virtual encounter with a RWOer! (Greetings Ugg!) Can't believe I missed out meeting the legendary Liz!

Anyways, a real treat getting a day pass with footy overload out in the brilliant Sydney winter sun - I came home with quite a bit of colour.

It's a shame there were so few Swans playing but good to see what some of the excitement is about. For mine, Rohan was a class above but surprised he was left at FF for most of the match (tho he seems to have drifted up back from time to time including his encounter with the unpleasant Armstrong). Liked what I saw of Reid at CHF esp in the first half. Few others stood out tho both MOD and Vespa had moments of excellence. Vespa was another who seemed stranded in the forwards until decreed otherwise by Longmire as noted above. Campbell Heath battled hard at FB (esp given what happened earlier which I hadn't seen). Sumner threatened to take the game away from the Tigers at one point in Q2 but saw little of him after that.

Have to say I have some real sympathy for the ressies players who have been trying to "sell" Roos on the hardships of the ACTAFL - the top-ups looked incredibly young and caused umpteen turnovers as well as constantly putting the senior players under pressure; the competition reminds me of my amateur days where you're playing against big angry slow blokes who are looking at ways to vent their weekly frustrations; and a number of them seemed to be played out of position (at various stages our "ruckman" appeared to be one of the HBFers). Tough to make a case for promotion in those circumstances. That said, if Rohan has recovered, then you would think he'd be very useful on the wide expanses of Subi - perhaps a straight swap for Jack if he loses the MRP raffle.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    Yep, got to my first ressies game in oh so long AND got to have my very first non-virtual encounter with a RWOer! (Greetings Ugg!) Can't believe I missed out meeting the legendary Liz!
    Far out, you mean Ugg is real?
    I thought he was a bot!!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    I thought he was a bot!!
    Well given that he continued to push out the tweets while I distracted him with stupid qns about the magoos he may well be part-bot.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    404 Syntax Error.

Reboot....

Hey nice to meet you too giant. Hopefully it won't be another decade before your next ressies game.

We were sitting behind the Paul Kelly race as well. Had to go to the pre-match function (for a quarter), then came back to yell more encouragement.

I'm not used to seeing the ressies lose.

Little Ranga was sitting up near us during the seniors game. Limping pretty badly. I hope he recovers well. Byron Sumner was very disappointed with himself - I told him he did well, so he shouldn't be so hard on himself.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

I'm starting to worry about the Rooster. He's been feeling the effects of some injuries for the past month but battles on courageously. Is Roosy going to persist with this or is it time to wrap in him some cotton wool? We all know he's going to be a valuable asset to the team for many more years so should we be looking after him? He's a tall kid, building up his upper frame more recently, but still for the most part pretty thin in the legs. Do we ice him and look forward to next year or do we keep asking him to put his body on the line?

Quote Originally Posted by Nich View Post
    I'm starting to worry about the Rooster. He's been feeling the effects of some injuries for the past month but battles on courageously. Is Roosy going to persist with this or is it time to wrap in him some cotton wool? We all know he's going to be a valuable asset to the team for many more years so should we be looking after him? He's a tall kid, building up his upper frame more recently, but still for the most part pretty thin in the legs. Do we ice him and look forward to next year or do we keep asking him to put his body on the line?
    They need him for the granny - especially if they are playing the mob they played on Saturday.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    They need him for the granny - especially if they are playing the mob they played on Saturday.
    You think we'll play Hawthorn in the Granny?
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Quote Originally Posted by Nich View Post
    Meh. A rolled ankle and a corky. Not the sort of injuries that pose long-term problems. We're better off getting as much footy into him as possible.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    I thought he was a bot!!
    not a "bot" he's a "boot"
    get it? Ugg boot! ha ha!

groan
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Round 15: Sydney Swans Reserves v Queanbeyan Tigers

Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    get it? Ugg boot! ha ha!

groan
    Bit early to be drinking isn't it Rogue
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    get it? Ugg boot! ha ha!

groan
    shame on you.....
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast