Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can we hurry up and ditch ANZ stadium?

Quote Originally Posted by timthefish View Post
    perhaps, but a factor in those stats is that the prejudged blockbusters have been put out there which, to answer another post, is why the scg hasn't sold out in over a decade.
    I understand your point.

However, even if we'd held all those blockbusters at the SCG - and equalled the 46,168 record every time - there have still been an additional couple of hundred thousand people able to attend our games at Homebush. That's not a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheer Squad View Post
    I understand your point.

However, even if we'd held all those blockbusters at the SCG - and equalled the 46,168 record every time - there have still been an additional couple of hundred thousand people able to attend our games at Homebush. That's not a bad thing.
    It is when many of those people were Collingwood supporters

I'm on the Chandwagon!!!

If you cannot compete for the premiership, it's better to be young and exciting than middle-aged and dowdy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_B View Post
    It is when many of those people were Collingwood supporters
    All the more reason for everyone to attend, which is what was happening when we were perceived to be genuine contenders. That's why the crowds were so large.

i say ditch anz if possible purley because the anz surface is a load of rubbish. But we need to learn to win on all grounds not just the scg.
    Theres not much left to say

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by timthefish View Post
    perhaps, but a factor in those stats is that the prejudged blockbusters have been put out there which, to answer another post, is why the scg hasn't sold out in over a decade.
    This.

Also, the stats you posted show that every year since 2007, while the average attendance has steadily dropped at ANZ, it's been increasing at the SCG.
    Year SCG Homebush
    2002 19,957 42,986
    2003 26,512 49,704
    2004 26,879 42,485
    2005 28,733 39,682
    2006 30,401 49,092
    2007 25,222 63,392
    2008 25,452 45,824
    2009 26,866 36,874
    2010 27,891 35,208

If there is indeed a contract, how long has it got to run?

Quote Originally Posted by CJK View Post
    The ANZ viral marketing team have been busy tonight.

Bottom line is we fans don't care for ANZ and neither do the players. I for one won't be dealing with it next season.

I'm with you CJK.

I'm afraid that's true Mike. There are thousands of them, and they live in Sydney's eastern suburbs.
    No they don't. I for one, live in Castle Hill. A very long way from the Eastern suburbs.

My post wasn't about marketing or dollars...it was about trying to improve our win/loss record....but surely that's the first step to improving crowds...

I hate ANZ.

We'd have little trouble getting 50k crowds if most of our fickle eastern suburbs "supporters" would show up to actually support the team when it plays in Sydney.

It's only 3 years ago we averaged more than 60,000 per game at Homebush. You would think the capacity to attract crowds like that would be a matter of pride among club members.
    You'd think so wouldn't ya. Not in fickle Sydney though. Sadest part is I feel the club encourages this mentality. I would like to know why it is that an SCG only member gets grand final tickets access equal to those of us that pay and support our club by attending all our home games in Sydney? It just doesn't seem right.

You can forgive the bandwagon supporters for not attending all our games in Sydney. But not people who are paid up members. It's pretty pathetic.
    It's worse than pathetic, it's downright embarrassing for our club that supporters will not support their club in Sydney based on the location of the venue for a home game. A home game for crying out loud, could you imagine that ever being the case with any other football club in this country?

I hate ANZ and I live in Perth so what does that make me. It is BS selling our Home advantage away to a @@@@ stadium for the sake of growing AFL in the wastelands of Sydney.

Unless there is any concerete proof that playing all games at the SCG will allow the club to grow it's membership above 28,000 in Sydney then the facts are we will continue to play games at ANZ to balance the books financially. Above 28,000 and the club can make decent money from members and reserved seat sales etc.

Fact's are that we are not financially safe/independent unless we play games at ANZ at present.

End of story we continue to play there until that point in time, we went close after 2005 but the members didn't stick.

DST
    "Looking forward to a rebuilt, new, fast and exciting Swans model in 2010"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast