Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The West Coast wooden spoon appreciation thread.

Fastest club in the history of VFL/AFL to go from Premiership* to Wooden spoon.

Suffer!
    Last edited by Doctor J.; 25th August 2010 at 09:37 AM.

Blog Entries
    Feel the love in this thread!!

On the Rookie List
    Oh it so great to read the hatred for those @@@@@ over in the west! They can rot at the bottom for years to come, with GC and GWS coming in, it really is not a good time to be a cellar dweller!
    Last edited by msb; 26th August 2010 at 12:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cruiser View Post
    Good artcicle by Richard Hinds about the effect that The Evils drug culture, and that club's reponse to it, has had on its current on field success and club culture: Drug past haunts AFL after Kings Cross arrest
    Onya Richard Hinds.

Tainted, I tells ya.

Tainted.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Swans Vs Eagles in the 2000's .... "the good guys won".

The 2006 premiership should forever be labelled the drug premiership. Eagles supporters can bleat all they like that they have the cup but their shame will live on. The Ben Cousins documenary is further evidence of their culpability to the individuals impacted by their culture.

May the ignominy of the wooden spoon remind the Eagles of their culture of the past 10 years.

What a year 2005 SSFC/CFC
    Quote Originally Posted by No 14 View Post
    Swans Vs Eagles in the 2000's .... "the good guys won".

The 2006 premiership should forever be labelled the drug premiership. Eagles supporters can bleat all they like that they have the cup but their shame will live on. The Ben Cousins documenary is further evidence of their culpability to the individuals impacted by their culture.

May the ignominy of the wooden spoon remind the Eagles of their culture of the past 10 years.
    I still cannot believe that sick and sorry excuse for a club got away with the "drug' Premiership. The only player that got cut voluntarily was Aaron Edwards they got their premiership at any cost, turning a blind eye to the drugs whilst the core group was winning, quote Worsfold after 2006 GF :we are a close knit family"...after drug rumours "I knew nothing" ..yeah the PHARMACIST"...and what did Demetriou do not much,
    Sports do not build character. They reveal it....Heywood Broun

I always turn to the sports pages first, which record people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures......Earl Warren

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob-bloods View Post
    I still cannot believe that sick and sorry excuse for a club got away with the "drug' Premiership. The only player that got cut voluntarily was Aaron Edwards they got their premiership at any cost, turning a blind eye to the drugs whilst the core group was winning, quote Worsfold after 2006 GF :we are a close knit family"...after drug rumours "I knew nothing" ..yeah the PHARMACIST"...and what did Demetriou do not much,
    Didn't Polak get his marching orders?

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Didn't Polak get his marching orders?
    Yes. But from Freo

They did show Chick the back door to slip out quietly. And traded Gardiner to a team that suits his attitude.
    Last edited by cruiser; 2nd September 2010 at 11:38 PM.
    Occupational hazards:
    I don't eat animals since discovering this ability. I used to. But one day the lamb I was eating came through to me and ever since then I haven't been able to eat meat.
    - animal psychic Amanda de Warren

The silence is deafening in regards to Naitanui's supposed Rising Star season. Half way through the year you couldn't dare mention another name other than Nicnat, it's so pleasing that it ended up being one of our boys instead.

The West Coast wooden spoon appreciation thread.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyAkkuret View Post
    The silence is deafening in regards to Naitanui's supposed Rising Star season. Half way through the year you couldn't dare mention another name other than Nicnat, it's so pleasing that it ended up being one of our boys instead.
    That will happen when you shove a kid into one of the hardest roles on the field. Can you imagine Roos putting a Rookie into the Ruck. He would never do that to the kid.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Warming the Bench
    Goodes won the rising star from the ruck 99'

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast