Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jack can take reprimand..

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    The report says "He has no existing good or bad record"
    and went on to comment that this is likely because he is the son of rugby league great, Gary Jack.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by teddys mum View Post
    The first thing I thought when I saw the Guerra tackle was I wonder if it will receive the same scrutiny that Mumford's received - seems it has. I still think two weeks is a bit rough (for both Mumford and Guerra) though.
    Agree. And other tackles that have looked as bad, if not worse, have gone unpunished.

Veterans List
    and thats the problem, very similar incidents don't get reported. Mummy was really stiff, the one against ROK earlier in the year went untouched but had far geater repercussions for the tackled player. Similar ones since Mummy haven't been reported.

Gerard Healy has just annointed Jack as the new Kirk for the Swans.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    That's not the way it works. You have to have an X year clean record to get the good behaviour discount. If you've been in the system fewer than X years you don't get it. I just can't recall off the top of my head what X is. If I had to hazard a guess I would say probably 5. Jack was drafted in the 2005 rookie draft, which means this is his 5th year. So he doesn't quite have a 5 year clean record.
    Pretty sure it's 3 years, not 5.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Quote Originally Posted by Bas View Post
    Strikes me more as a Kelly (and hopefully he'll be somewhere near as good!). Quick, tough as nails, classy without being particularly silky, and can really hit a team where it hurts. Real impact player.
    Last edited by BSA5; 9th August 2010 at 10:37 PM.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by goswannie14 View Post
    Pretty sure it's 3 years, not 5.
    If it's three years then Jack would qualify. He didn't so it's obviously more

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    If it's three years then Jack would qualify. He didn't so it's obviously more
    Three years from debut, perhaps? Or maybe rookie years don't count. Or maybe Jack has done something minor in the past which we've all forgotten about. Do you think that $5 bet he put on ages ago might matter?
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BSA5 View Post
    Three years from debut, perhaps? Or maybe rookie years don't count. Or maybe Jack has done something minor in the past which we've all forgotten about. Do you think that $5 bet he put on ages ago might matter?
    Google afl tribunal "good record" and the first result is a PDF where the extract states it's five years. So you may have found a loophole. Draft a sniper, play him in the reserves for five years and unleash havoc in the sixth

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Jack's a pearler. Kelly, Kirk . . . Either way, better than being the new Stefan Carey.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Guerra's tackle was also late, that's probably why the 2 weeker.....anyway he probably deserves it for other past crimes that snuck through....mind you it would have had to be over hard if a bloke like Mal has a bit of trouble staying on his feet.

Glad Kizza got a short one and reprimand. He is a hard player, but have never seen him doing anything I would be ashamed of as a Swan supporter.

Apparently his first quarter was the best of any afl player recorded , which is outstanding no matter how you look at it. Maybe why he had a feather of leniency.
    Last edited by Primmy; 10th August 2010 at 09:17 AM.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by Bas View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BSA5 View Post
    Strikes me more as a Kelly (and hopefully he'll be somewhere near as good!). Quick, tough as nails, classy without being particularly silky, and can really hit a team where it hurts. Real impact player.
    I took it as more the inspirational type rather than the playing style.
    And I agree. He already seems like he'd bleed for the club in the same way Kirk and Jude do.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast