Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: ROK Cooking Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    thats up there with Pimms!!!
    Some of us Swans supporters have a little bit of class you know..............probably not me but.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Some of us Swans supporters have a little bit of class you know..............probably not me but.
    yeah like I have standards, they aren't particularly high standards, but they are standards none the less!
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

yeah like I have standards, they aren't particularly high standards, but they are standards none the less!
    So are red jelly vodka shots (topped with a bit of whipped cream) in or out?
    Superman still wears Brett Kirk Pyjamas

Blackberry nip and lemonade. Now that's class. With a meal of vienna schnitzel chips and coleslaw and followed by enormous lemon merangue pie (it actually was fabulous), at that winebar place down near the Quay, with tropical shack pretentions, end 1968 onwards ish......we thought we were SOOOOO sophisticated......with Green Ginger wine as an alternative.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkari View Post
    So are red jelly vodka shots (topped with a bit of whipped cream) in or out?
    In.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by kirkari View Post
    so are red jelly vodka shots (topped with a bit of whipped cream) in or out?
    in !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    Blackberry nip and lemonade. Now that's class. With a meal of vienna schnitzel chips and coleslaw and followed by enormous lemon merangue pie (it actually was fabulous), at that winebar place down near the Quay, with tropical shack pretentions, end 1968 onwards ish......we thought we were SOOOOO sophisticated......with Green Ginger wine as an alternative.
    that place was the "Island Trader" - part of the Cahills restaurant chain (at the time!) I think I've had a meal like that there too!
    Last edited by Wardy; 13th August 2010 at 01:10 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    I'm in this time, we missed the last one because I was too busy kicking the footy around outside the ground with my son- god knows why I'd choose an amazing event in my life like attending an AFL grand final to bond with a kid instead of getting into plonk for brekky!
    You could've kicked it over our heads. Would've been entertaining.

that place was the "Island Trader" - part of the Cahills restaurant chain (at the time!) I think I've had a meal like that there too!
    Oh great Wardy!!!! I have been trying for years to remember the name of that place. Cahils......and the other one under a place in Park Street. Same menu. And AND, what about the caramel icecream cake! I'd forgotten that until I saw the name of Cahills.....sigh.

Ah, now, ok Scott, I know its not about the Swans, but don't move this post......it has memories.....
    Last edited by Primmy; 13th August 2010 at 03:44 PM.

Oh great Wardy!!!! I have been trying for years to remember the name of that place. Cahils......and the other one under a place in Park Street. Same menu. And AND, what about the caramel icecream cake! I'd forgotten that until I saw the name of Cahills.....sigh.

Ah, now, ok Scott, I know its not about the Swans, but don't move this post......it has memories.....
    As Scott was a Sydney boy - he would have frequented a few of these places when he was young!!!

Was it the Viennaworld? or something like that - and who could forget the York St Lantern all you could eat for $3!!!

Now back to red and white food. I have done stuffed mini red peppers with ricotta - yum!

Red Beef Curry with Raita!!!
    Last edited by Wardy; 13th August 2010 at 03:52 PM.

Think I will stick to my home made chilli and rice.....white chocolate mudcake and raspberries to follow...... I need a bikkie after all this food talk.

Senior Player

i thought you might have been talking about John Huies' wine bar on George St North, but the "Island Trader' is right! Huies' din't sell food. Both great spots tho...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast