Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: ROK Cooking Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by BSA5 View Post
    Meh, purple is just red and blue. The blue comes from all Kirky's bruises he has picked up at the bottom of every pack of every game he has ever played!

Also, I used to think similarly to you on turnips, and I still generally don't like them, but I had what I just described once (I can't actually remember if there were potatos or not, but I think there were) and it was absolutely delicious.

Also, now I think about it, the lobster probably wouldn't go with the haloumi and cherry tomato salad, so going with the carpaccio is a better idea.
    like the idea - but try as I might to head down the Capaccio route - I just cant come at raw meat of any kind - medium rare cooked beef - not a problem - but cold (or room temp) raw fish or steak - bucket please!!! I know I have failed you all!
    Last edited by Wardy; 17th August 2010 at 04:38 PM.
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    like the idea - but try as I might to head down the Capaccio route - I just cant come at raw meat of any kind - medium rare cooked beef - not a problem - but cold (or room temp) raw fish or steak - bucket please!!! I know I have failed you all!
    Pah, it's not raw! It's cured. Do you eat prosciutto? Same thing, basically.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Pah, it's not raw! It's cured. Do you eat prosciutto? Same thing, basically.
    prosciutto is at least dry cured - the other stuff isnt - and I'm not a fan of straight lemon juice (unless its in a citrus tart or a gin and tonic!) and I'm no fan of vinvegar straight up either - its all a bit too slimey - yes as I have said I have failed you all!
    Last edited by Wardy; 17th August 2010 at 04:45 PM.

Hmmm. OK, how about medium rare beef medallions (so you can see the red centre), blue cheese sauce (you don't actually see any blue) and red and white salad (red cabbage, red lettuce, beetroot, potatoes, watercress and Parmesan).

Hmmm. OK, how about medium rare beef medallions (so you can see the red centre), blue cheese sauce (you don't actually see any blue) and red and white salad (red cabbage, red lettuce, beetroot, potatoes, watercress and Parmesan).
    We have another foodie in our midst.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    We have another foodie in our midst.
    I love eating, but I rarely cook, and I've never read a cook book, so I'm not sure if I quite qualify as a "foodie".

Cooking is not the issue. Its being able to put a menu together!
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

with culinary thoughts like that - you should be on Masterchef - I might give that meal a go myself sounds lovely. I love cooking with blue cheese - just to see one's guests turn their noses up when you tell them what it is, then they taste it and are pleasantly surprised how good it actually is.

keep em coming young fella!
    Last edited by Wardy; 18th August 2010 at 07:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    with culinary thoughts like that - you should be on Masterchef - I might give that meal a go myself sounds lovely. I love cooking with blue cheese - just to see one's guests turn their noses up when you tell them what it is, then they taste it and are pleasantly surprised how good it actually is.

keep em coming young fella!
    Haha, go for it. Though on second inspection, maybe omit the red lettuce from the salad. Maybe replace it with roasted red capsicum or something. Make sure you serve it to Swans fans too!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567