Thread: Brett Kirk - The Final Countdown.....

Thumbs up Brett Kirk - The Final Countdown.....

Oh dear, as Mrs Kirk pointed out, it is getting too near the end for my best boy. Freo, Dogs and Brissy. And one or two finals.... Its getting close.

Seems just like last week I was calling attention to the no name in 32 jumper at the practice match against Collingwood at Manuka, not listed in the programme as I remember, noone knew who he was.

We do now.

This is an upbeat thread, we have had a wonderful time with Kirky, I suspect we as individuals have learned a lot on how to be better at being ourselves. Wish I had him as, say, a next door neighbour, where I could bathe in the sunshine of that smile whenever the moment arose. That would do me fine.

Lots of hugs Kirky.
    Last edited by Primmy; 13th August 2010 at 11:48 AM.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Kirk's next gig is as a magician?

Sweet!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhnYP...eature=related
    -

Senior Player
    The SCG will have a strange kind of feel without him. Hope he can see out his amazing career with a final or two.
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

Senior Player
    A long, long time ago the Swans sent a few players to a small primary school on Sydney's northern beaches to show the kids the game. A few big guns showed. Kelly and Crouchy spring to mind, both were terrific with the youngsters. (the next weekend was the game at the SCG when Kel did his knee, and was never the same again).
    But the guy who got all the mums' heads turning, had kids eating out of his hand and smiled and chatted his way through the whole afternoon was a young rookie I didn't even know. Mrs Royboy decided he was going to be her project player and has followed his career avidly ever since; in fact, has just about taken sole responsibility for discovering him. The story has got more and more vivid as the years roll on.
    Good onya Kirky..your whole career has been golden. You're a credit to your family and to your club!

Regular in the Side
    I was at that Manuka game too and was also bewitched by the unnamed and unlisted little terrier wearing 31 (not 32 I didn't think) who was on the bottom of every pack and who bobbed up with the ball more often than anyone. After a few sherbets (it was hot, we were looking into the sun) I recall screaming out to no- one in particular "number 31 who are you?" And the rest they say, is history. Thanks Kirky for your courage, the countless times u put your body on the line, for that diving defensive mark at ground level in the 05 grand final when your leg and most of your body was in spasm, for getting up when Pickett slammed u into the aami turf, for all the little dinky kicks, for the unexpected goals and most of all for being a fine leader and outstanding human being. Love u lots.
    Patterns emerge, but do they mean anything? No.

Kirk wore a number in the 40's (43?) in his first journey as a Swan on the Supp list.
    Last edited by Triple B; 14th August 2010 at 09:11 AM.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    Kirk wore a number in the 40's (43?) in his first journey as a Swan on the Supp list.
    I do believe Swannette is right. 31 it is. I kept a copy of that game......

On the sup list perhaps BBB, but this was Feb 1999 at Manuka with the big boys playing a pre season practice match - not the ressies. All hair and skinny legs and playing an assured game like he was already a senior. Bucks was there.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Brett Kirk - The Final Countdown.....

Quote Originally Posted by royboy42 View Post
    A long, long time ago the Swans sent a few players to a small primary school on Sydney's northern beaches to show the kids the game. A few big guns showed. Kelly and Crouchy spring to mind, both were terrific with the youngsters. (the next weekend was the game at the SCG when Kel did his knee, and was never the same again).
    But the guy who got all the mums' heads turning, had kids eating out of his hand and smiled and chatted his way through the whole afternoon was a young rookie I didn't even know. Mrs Royboy decided he was going to be her project player and has followed his career avidly ever since; in fact, has just about taken sole responsibility for discovering him. The story has got more and more vivid as the years roll on.
    Good onya Kirky..your whole career has been golden. You're a credit to your family and to your club!
    Great post mate. Thank you for sharing. Please keep a copy of this for the farewell Kirky thread that RWO will send to him, it's a brilliant story.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    Oh dear, as Mrs Kirk pointed out, it is getting too near the end for my best boy. Freo, Dogs and Brissy. And one or two finals.... Its getting close.

Seems just like last week I was calling attention to the no name in 32 jumper at the practice match against Collingwood at Manuka, not listed in the programme as I remember, noone knew who he was.

We do now.

This is an upbeat thread, we have had a wonderful time with Kirky, I suspect we as individuals have learned a lot on how to be better at being ourselves. Wish I had him as, say, a next door neighbour, where I could bathe in the sunshine of that smile whenever the moment arose. That would do me fine.

Lots of hugs Kirky.
    Be optimistic, it will be 3 finals and a premiership to see him out (One can dream cant they?)

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by msb View Post
    Be optimistic, it will be 3 finals and a premiership to see him out (One can dream cant they?)
    If it is to be a premiership, it will need to be 4 finals. But that means we just get to stretch things out a bit further.

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    If it is to be a premiership, it will need to be 4 finals. But that means we just get to stretch things out a bit further.
    Yes ur right, I meant 3 games then the 4th being the premiership.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    If the planets align they are not without a chance albeit a very slim one.