Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RWO Ideas Forum - Promotion & Relegation

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    How are their 18's going? Spending a wad of cash on ex AFL players to come 7th, isn't really turning a corner in my books it is just same old same old.
    You are right, but that was not the point of my comment. I drew the comparison simply to illustrate that because Wollongong have struggled this year doesn't mean that we shoud neccessarily be calling for their head. Up until two weeks ago, Wollongong had the 2nd best percentage outside of the top 5, which shows that they have been competitive in a lot of matches, perhaps more than some teams above them on the ladder... they just haven't been able to get over the line. Losing McConnochie, arguably the best midfielder in the competition as well as Clint Wells and Troy Bartlett for a big part of the year has obviously really hurt them.

Having said all that, their U18s have not been competitive this year as they have been in previous years which is a concern. While the senior teams were struggling in the past, the club could look to the under 18s who last year made a prelim final (I think). This doesn't seem to have led to senior success this year...

Quote Originally Posted by Junior View Post
    You are right, but that was not the point of my comment. I drew the comparison simply to illustrate that because Wollongong have struggled this year doesn't mean that we shoud neccessarily be calling for their head. Up until two weeks ago, Wollongong had the 2nd best percentage outside of the top 5, which shows that they have been competitive in a lot of matches, perhaps more than some teams above them on the ladder... they just haven't been able to get over the line. Losing McConnochie, arguably the best midfielder in the competition as well as Clint Wells and Troy Bartlett for a big part of the year has obviously really hurt them.

Having said all that, their U18s have not been competitive this year as they have been in previous years which is a concern. While the senior teams were struggling in the past, the club could look to the under 18s who last year made a prelim final (I think). This doesn't seem to have led to senior success this year...
    Where have Wollongong finished over the last 4 years??

BERT BERT BERT.....................

Please understand that your club ECE has been the least successful club in the history of P/D. The past several years, reportedly you have spent over $1 million on player payments alone. Your club has targeted kids from other clubs & regions outside Sydney (pathway has fixed that now). Yes we have spent money on ex AFL talent (this has been good for the comp). The past 8 flags have come from N/S-4, UNSW-2 & P/H-2 all three of these clubs have built success around local juniors unlike your club.

You must be starting to panic as we have more money than you & certain players at EC are willing to jump ship back to Balmain & rebuild a real historic Sydney club. Watch this space peanut.

How are their 18's going? Spending a wad of cash on ex AFL players to come 7th, isn't really turning a corner in my books it is just same old same old.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Doormat View Post
    BERT BERT BERT.....................

Please understand that your club ECE has been the least successful club in the history of P/D. The past several years, reportedly you have spent over $1 million on player payments alone. Your club has targeted kids from other clubs & regions outside Sydney (pathway has fixed that now). Yes we have spent money on ex AFL talent (this has been good for the comp). The past 8 flags have come from N/S-4, UNSW-2 & P/H-2 all three of these clubs have built success around local juniors unlike your club.

You must be starting to panic as we have more money than you & certain players at EC are willing to jump ship back to Balmain & rebuild a real historic Sydney club. Watch this space peanut.
    Sorry PK but you are obviously not Doormat as pretty much everyone here inlcuding you knows Bert has has nothing to do with East Coast and I can tell you Hell has more chance of freezing over than Bert pulling on an ECE jumper whilst he still has air in his lungs.

I'm as confused as you Bert, and this is me writing this tripe above!

Senior Player
    Oh and Doormat I dont know how long Balmain have been around but the one Bert plays with has been around for more than sixty years and he has been a very active member in helping them rebuild so pick a better target next time peanut.

Quote Originally Posted by tara View Post
    ... he has been a very active member in helping them rebuild so pick a better target next time peanut.
    Why is 'BERT' so obsessed with Balmain? From what I see he likes to put them down every time they are mentioned. Even though he never had anything to do with them. Real bitter stuff for no reason.
    And from what I gather there, he doesn't even play against them, never has, never will.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Oath View Post
    Why is 'BERT' so obsessed with Balmain? From what I see he likes to put them down every time they are mentioned. Even though he never had anything to do with them. Real bitter stuff for no reason.
    And from what I gather there, he doesn't even play against them, never has, never will.
    Ken I think you will find it has more to do with some of the tools who pumped up Balmain and made them a bit of a laughing stock by boldly predicting all their problems are over with the magic of money - I do know that like me he has no real animosity towards them but doenst understand the mentality of opening a cheque book as a way get instant gratification because it is not going to do anything in the long term.

As for playing against them he has and I recall a somewhat spitefull game with alot of unnessecary agro - also he likes stiring the pot, if you dig back youll find he liked stirring the @@@@ out of me - I wouldnt take him to seriously.

on balmain is it true they going back to tigers as well??
    :

Quote Originally Posted by The Purse View Post
    on balmain is it true they going back to tigers as well??
    Are they trying for Ben Cousins with the name change?

Quote Originally Posted by Doormat View Post

The past 8 flags have come from N/S-4, UNSW-2 & P/H-2 all three of these clubs have built success around local juniors unlike your club.
    Thanks for that Einstein. You just illustrated my point. One other thing, didn't ECE win last years flag?

One other thing, didn't ECE win last years flag?
    lol, and Bert takes the points!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast