Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kieren says the Dockers was the toughest game yet

I watched the game with a swans loathing Saints man, he took off to hang out out the back after a couple minutes, mumbling about how it would be a @@@@ game that know one cares about, and that the swans are @@@@ and why do even go for them blah blah . A geelong supporting mate came over and watched it with me, and by the end he was on the edge of his seat and yelling as much as me in the last quarter, it was a fantastic game to watch. I returned the favour by going to see the Dogs and Geelong game with the same friend and others at Etihad, and was praying i could be that excited about a game where i was neutral as my Geelong supporting mate was watching the Swans V Freo . Sadly that wasn't to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    I returned the favour by going to see the Dogs and Geelong game with the same friend and others at Etihad, and was praying i could be that excited about a game where i was neutral as my Geelong supporting mate was watching the Swans V Freo . Sadly that wasn't to be.
    Ah, but you got to see a clinic! An abolute CLINIC!
    10100111001 ;-)

Veterans List
    Significantly the last 2 weeks we have been very good out of the centre and Jack and Hannas have been very prominent in getting clearances and first hands on the footy. Is this a new centre bounce strategy. As I have said many, many, many, many times; get this right and we are a 3 to 4 goal better team.

I think it's always been the strategy. We're only just starting to execute properly. With Goodes, ROK, McVeigh, Kirk, Jack, Bolton, Hanna and Mumford, it's a pretty hot midfield.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockOfHair View Post
    I think it's always been the strategy. We're only just starting to execute properly. With Goodes, ROK, McVeigh, Kirk, Jack, Bolton, Hanna and Mumford, it's a pretty hot midfield.
    No it hasn't. It has been block and hold and try to get the secondary bounce where you can get more players around the ball.
    Most of the time it has been Kirk and Bolton with a few others rotating through. We have done best out of the centre when Goodes has been in there. I'm talking in terms of the past 4 years. Now we have 2 quick players in Jack and Hannas who has close to the best hands in the business at the moment. They called Hannas stats last week in the 3rd quarter and at that point he had 19 handpasses and 6 kicks. His handpassing is way better than his kicking at the moment. If he gets his kicking right then look out competition.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    His handpassing is way better than his kicking at the moment. If he gets his kicking right then look out competition.
    I don't think there is a fundamental issue with his kicking. He himself has commented after a few recent games how he has been disappointed with his decision making and I suspect that is more of the cause than an inability to execute good kicks. We've seen him kick too well in the past to think he can't improve markedly in that area.

Some of his handballing recently has been downright delicious. (Oh, god! I am sounding like Bruuuuuce!) Even when off balance, he seems to have the ability to weight a longish handball perfectly so it is out in front of a player running on to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    No it hasn't. It has been block and hold and try to get the secondary bounce where you can get more players around the ball.
    Most of the time it has been Kirk and Bolton with a few others rotating through. We have done best out of the centre when Goodes has been in there. I'm talking in terms of the past 4 years. Now we have 2 quick players in Jack and Hannas who has close to the best hands in the business at the moment. They called Hannas stats last week in the 3rd quarter and at that point he had 19 handpasses and 6 kicks. His handpassing is way better than his kicking at the moment. If he gets his kicking right then look out competition.
    I don't think any team has get a secondary bounce as its Plan A.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12