Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Big Game this weekend against the doggies

On the Rookie List

Big Game this weekend against the doggies

Hi, I'm new in here and am a Swans supporter from way back. I was born in South Melbourne and have followed South Melbourne/Sydney Swans all my life. I'm thinking of making a trip up to Sydney to see the Swans do the Doggies and would like anyone to give me advice on where to stay, Package deals etc. Any response would be appreciated.

Big Game this weekend against the doggies

Quote Originally Posted by Voiceofoz View Post
    Hi, I'm new in here and am a Swans supporter from way back. I was born in South Melbourne and have followed South Melbourne/Sydney Swans all my life. I'm thinking of making a trip up to Sydney to see the Swans do the Doggies and would like anyone to give me advice on where to stay, Package deals etc. Any response would be appreciated.
    Welcome to RWO.

When I'm making last minute travel plans I always use the Wotif.com website to book accommodation. Plenty of choice and a wide range of prices. I've never had an issue booking this way.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

If you're coming up Fri/Sat then I would suggest staying at Coogee Beach. If you're just coming up for a hit and run mission then there are a few close to the ground. As Big AL said - Wotif is the best. It's a Saturday night with a bit going on so you might struggle to find somewhere nice for a decent price. Travelodge on Wentworth is always fairly cheap and it's not too far from the ground. Maybe 3/4 km's.

On the Rookie List
    While we are seeking advice to visit syd etc, I too am coming up for the game and am staying at a hotel in Darling Harbour. Just wondering what would be the best way to get to and from the SCG from there? I too would appreciate any advice.

Quote Originally Posted by msb View Post
    While we are seeking advice to visit syd etc, I too am coming up for the game and am staying at a hotel in Darling Harbour. Just wondering what would be the best way to get to and from the SCG from there? I too would appreciate any advice.
    Walk, cab or bus.

There are buses every couple of minutes from Central or Elizabeth Street.

If you have the time, it's not a bad walk through the city, down Liverpool/Oxford Streets and across to the SCG. Would take roughly an hour depending on how fast you walk.

And if you have time and want to see some future stars, the curtain-raiser is being played by 2 teams of young indigenous footballers from around the country, mentored by Mickey O.

http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/n...9/default.aspx
    Superman still wears Brett Kirk Pyjamas

Personally I would Cab it. Would cost about $20 max. Cabbing it back after the game could be tough though. Head up to Oxford St and grab one there if you have troubles.

Goes up to 11
    I don't think a cab would be a great idea given its a Saturday night game and a big crowd is expected. Traffic could be a problem. I would suggest getting to Central (could go by light rail from Darling Harbour if you dont want to walk) then either walking up Foveaux St or getting a game day bus. If you walk there are plenty of pubs en route if you need a refreshment break...

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Walk, cab or bus.

There are buses every couple of minutes from Central or Elizabeth Street.

If you have the time, it's not a bad walk through the city, down Liverpool/Oxford Streets and across to the SCG. Would take roughly an hour depending on how fast you walk.
    I've found Elizabeth St buses take a lot longer than those from Central, coming fron Darling Harbour walk to Central Station via China Town, should only take 15 mins or so.

On the Rookie List
    Thanks all, your advice will help, I think ill go the light rail option to central then bus from there.

Senior Player
    Thanks all, your advice will help, I think ill go the light rail option to central then bus from there.
    Thats what I'd do..the cab option would be too dear and a waste of money with sat eve traffic etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Nich View Post
    If you're coming up Fri/Sat then I would suggest staying at Coogee Beach.
    Why would you suggest Coogee Beach?
    Occupational hazards:
    I don't eat animals since discovering this ability. I used to. But one day the lamb I was eating came through to me and ever since then I haven't been able to eat meat.
    - animal psychic Amanda de Warren

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast