Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Media trade speculation

Senior Player
    Originally posted by Reggi
    Realfooty - they don't know anything about Sydney clearly
    so true; on so many levels!!!

Originally posted by anne
    Why is Doyle so injury prone? Is it an inherent weakness or something he will grow out of - hopefully.
    Whilst his size will certainly be an asset to the team in the future when his body matures, its probably also been one of the main reason for his previous unsoundness . Race horses like him are much the same . I guess he's not the 'hardened athletic' type build wise just yet, even though he is a big boy - so perhaps being that big and gangly, and not really physically matured, or co-coordinated yet, is most of the problem .

Originally posted by sharp9
    Actually I'm with my brother here, Neo, ,
    you obviously don't realise how bloody irritating it is - not to mention plain unpleasant - to have someone sprouting "it doesn't matter 'cos so and so will be going to Richmond, it's a done deal," etc....You don't know, mate. Get over yourself. Stop trying to bully people with "I'm right you're wrong," type of posts when your opinion is just as fallible as everyone elses. If you're stating what you believe then say "I reckon etc etc," or "according to the Age etc, etc," I wonder if you live your life trying to make other people wrong all the time, and I wonder (for your sake) if you have thought about how that feels for the other people in your life. Seriously.

Cheers
    Thanks mate! Well said.

Originally posted by sharp9
    Actually I'm with my brother here, Neo, ,
    you obviously don't realise how bloody irritating it is - not to mention plain unpleasant - to have someone sprouting "it doesn't matter 'cos so and so will be going to Richmond, it's a done deal," etc....You don't know, mate. Get over yourself. Stop trying to bully people with "I'm right you're wrong," type of posts when your opinion is just as fallible as everyone elses. If you're stating what you believe then say "I reckon etc etc," or "according to the Age etc, etc," I wonder if you live your life trying to make other people wrong all the time, and I wonder (for your sake) if you have thought about how that feels for the other people in your life. Seriously.

Cheers
    The fact that this is a board implies that people are stating opinions, is it really necessary for me to preface every sentence with "I believe" and "I think"?

Do I know with a 100% certainty that Solomon will be playing with Richmond next year? No. But I'd be surprised if he wasn't. I do know that he WONT be at Sydney for various logical reasons

It is though interesting that you've resorted to personal/snide comments, I THINK that reflects on you more than me. I THINK this would reflect your inadequacies, rather than mine... Seriously

What a year 2005 SSFC/CFC
    Neo(inb)red I don't think we care what you think, impine, regard, believe....seriously
    Sports do not build character. They reveal it....Heywood Broun

I always turn to the sports pages first, which record people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures......Earl Warren

Originally posted by Rob-bloods
    Neo(inb)red I don't think we care what you think, impine, regard, believe....seriously
    Neo(inb)red?? That is rather creative, bet it took you a while to think up though.

impine???

I think he was trying for (and missing badly) opine...
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Originally posted by neored

It is though interesting that you've resorted to personal/snide comments, I THINK that reflects on you more than me. I THINK this would reflect your inadequacies, rather than mine... Seriously
    Shame you find it snide. It's not....meanwhile back at the football.

There has been an ominous silence about Ryan's future. I get the feeling we are going to snaffle someone good, if for no other reason than we have crept under everyone's radar on the field, so why not of it? Amazing that in the rather lengthy "gossip" list in the Age they couldn't even be bothered to find out which of our players are uncontracted. Obviously our recruiting staff are pretty good at not being seen when they have meetings with opposition players and officials.
    "I'll acknowledge there are more talented teams in the competition but I won't acknowledge that there is a better team in the competition" Paul Roos March 2005

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/foo...E20322,00.html

Nayfun Brown decides his future .. er um ... decides he doesn't want a not futurehttp://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0...-23211,00.html

Saddo in the gun!!
    Last edited by Reggi; 3rd October 2003 at 08:26 AM.
    You don't ban those who supported your opponent, you make them wallow in their loserdom by covering your victory! You sit them in the front row. You give them a hat! Toby Ziegler

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    It is understood that Sydney defender Jason Saddington may be used as part of a trade by the Swans for Carlton's priority pick, No.2 overall, in next month's national draft.
    Wow, that would be some trade, and we won't be losing any picks in the first 2 round to them either if it happened. Maybe Saddo and Nicks for pick #2.

Banned indefinitely by Moderators for posting totally inappropriate material
    Saddo and Nicks, for a player who is not even garrunteed of playing 1 senior game of AFL ??
    well... OK then .... I suppose it is worth the risk, come to think of it.

On the Rookie List
    Goodness you guys are bit harsh reckoning players are too old at 26/27. Cast your minds back to the trade period at the end of season 1997... a young homesick lad by the name of Shannon Grant left us and who did we get to replace him? yes an older chap (29 in the November) by the name of Wayne Schwass. I seem to recollect he was a good player for the Swans!
    We need a combination of experience and young upcoming players. Don't write off some of these players because of their ages. Just look at a player by the name of Alistair Lynch.
    I wouldn't mind seeing Bode's name on our playing list
    Last edited by AussieAnge; 4th October 2003 at 01:15 AM.
    Bring it on!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast