Thread: It's been years but something interesting from Richard Hinds

It's been years but something interesting from Richard Hinds

http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/s...822-13awm.html

The Burmese kitten line is very very good. Bought a smile to my face
    You don't ban those who supported your opponent, you make them wallow in their loserdom by covering your victory! You sit them in the front row. You give them a hat! Toby Ziegler

Just read this and was going to post a link if it hadnt been done already. A very enjoyable read that reflects my own feelings about our season so far.
    Last edited by cruiser; 23rd August 2010 at 01:30 PM.
    Occupational hazards:
    I don't eat animals since discovering this ability. I used to. But one day the lamb I was eating came through to me and ever since then I haven't been able to eat meat.
    - animal psychic Amanda de Warren

Veterans List
    Let's not get carried away, as some did when a renovated Sydney team won five of their first six games and a few enthusiasts booked grand final day flights to Melbourne.
    OK, fess up - who was it?

Pushing for Selection
    Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    OK, fess up - who was it?
    Obviously true believers carried away in the excitement of seeing something like what we expect. Great pressure and movement in the forward line. I have no idea what the game plan was but I loved the unpredicatability.

Regular in the Side
    i'd reckon that those that buy their flights and accommodation in april are more likely to see a grand final than those that wait until late september. especially if they want money for food and beer left over.

Veterans List
    If their performance on Saturday night was inspired by emotion, Roos's thinking was not clouded. The way he rotated players through his forward line, providing multiple scoring options, was especially impressive.
    This is a good point, the coaching panel had an excellent night against one of the most astute tacticians in the game. The match ups were brilliant, the response to the Dogs' 1st qr just right, and, as Hinds notes, the rotation of Shaw, Kirk, Mal and Bevan through the forward line inspired. Well played Roosy!

Right, 4 men walked into a bar, a Burmese, a Canadian, an Irishman and an Australian budhist, ......
    Last edited by Primmy; 23rd August 2010 at 01:40 PM.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    Right, 4 men walked into a bar, a Burmese, a Canadian, an Irishman and an Australian budhist, ......
    Is the punchline....."and they won a grand final"???
    Last edited by aardvark; 23rd August 2010 at 02:23 PM.