Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bevo Contesting MRP charges

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by msb View Post
    Why bother? He can take a reprimand and still play this week.
    Precedent.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    He can still play even if he doesn't beat the charge because of his 5 year good record earning him a 25% discount.

On the Rookie List
    I do remember him making a tackle which slid down the legs and he gave away a free. I commented about his rugby league background being to blame. Surely, this wasn't the incident????
    Run2Live,Live2Run

Veterans List
    Good on them, the code owes them for this. How can you get done for "low impact body contact" in a contact sport? Hopefully, this takes about 30 secs for the tribunal to throw out.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by msb View Post
    Why bother? He can take a reprimand and still play this week.
    Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    Precedent.
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    He can still play even if he doesn't beat the charge because of his 5 year good record earning him a 25% discount.
    And if he doesn't contest, he loses his 5 year good behaviour discount. He might need it for something valid at a future date.

Quote Originally Posted by GoSouth33 View Post
    I do remember him making a tackle which slid down the legs and he gave away a free. I commented about his rugby league background being to blame. Surely, this wasn't the incident????
    That was on the wing. Pretty sure the one they don't like was in our forward line. The commentators drooled about how it was a great tackle and you don't even get to see a replay or close up because the umpies didn't see fit to play a free as far as I can remember (unless it was an advantage call).

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    That was on the wing. Pretty sure the one they don't like was in our forward line. The commentators drooled about how it was a great tackle and you don't even get to see a replay or close up because the umpies didn't see fit to play a free as far as I can remember (unless it was an advantage call).
    They paid the free and advantage - you get a replay but the vision is unclear. I assumed the free was for being fractionally late on Griffin, can't see what else it would have been for. AND IT WAS A GREAT TACKLE!!! Just a few years back, this would have been considered copy book. It's not a sling, he drives Griffin backwards till gravity brings him down.

In league it would be considered a "Brut Big Hit". Nuff said.
    "In some ways we?re less predictable to ourselves and sometimes that can be detrimental because we don?t really know where we?re going" - P.Roos

Go Swans Always
    Bevan's appeal is successful - he won
    Love those Swans

As strange as it seems, especially with the Tribunal, common sense has prevailed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mac View Post
    And so he should!

Matter of principal, and he will continue with a clean record, and I think that would have been important. Ta Mac.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by Mac View Post
    Well done Sydney.
    Occupational hazards:
    I don't eat animals since discovering this ability. I used to. But one day the lamb I was eating came through to me and ever since then I haven't been able to eat meat.
    - animal psychic Amanda de Warren

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Common sense prevails. It makes you wonder about the MRP though doesn't it? It's almost as if they throw out these interpretations every week to test the water and see what the clubs will present in defence.
    What a waste of resources and effort.
    I hope the AFL actually work out the cost of the MRP.
    Can we update the thread title to show the decision Scott?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast