Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Star Balmain recruit on a high after final game

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Oath View Post
    I don't care if society has changed. It's not illegal to get a tattoo.

Drugs aren't widespread in sport. They are widespread in life. It just seems more acceptable for musicians to be caught in nightclub toilets than football personalities.
    That said, it's not a good look for the club, especially with their under 18's situations.

I don't have a young kid at the Balmain footy club, but if I did I wouldn't be impressed.
    Sorry Ken they are widespread in sport - 20-30 years ago drinking was acceptable but now days it isnt and athletes are turning to other things - remember Dale Lewis coming out and saying there was a problem but he got howled down - how did Benny boy get away with it for so long or Andrew Johns? Probably becuase our drug testers are lax at the elite level. I laugh when I think about two well respected coaches both from a very high level laughing together about the boys from the riverina they knew getting on the disco bickis.

Almost Football Legend
    It wasn't Tara who named Chad, it was The Sydney Morning Herald. It was on the public record before it got on here. I wasn't there when the alleged incident happened, I know nothing about it other than what was in the paper.
    But I have neither the funds nor the desire to be dragged through the courts, nor do I see why I should put my meagre worldly assets on the line so that people can guess the identity of people who may or may not have been involved in some alleged drug-taking incident.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

That's what I meant.
    I should have said, they are not just widespread in sport, but in life. It's obviously not a sport thing.

I dare say the other alledged players, alledgedly from another club, would never be named if it weren't for the superstar getting caught.

Which bring me to another question.
    Out of interest, where does drug testing end with the AFL? Does it stop at the AFL? Or does it include the VFL? Or does it go further?

Always thought Doormat was on drugs. But will he name himself?

Very clever back tracking Tara. Here is a part of the public record that you posted "He was arrested by police and subsequently issued a notice to appear in Sydney?s Downing Centre Local Court on Tuesday, September 9, charged with possessing a prohibited drug."

A total of 18 people were arrested during the incident. So like you l have stated the facts!

AND no, unlike you l did not mention any names READ MY POSTS!!!! But unlike you, l did suggest we offer support & not throw up crap like you know more.

BTW Is that public record your heading. Fool

Quote Originally Posted by tara View Post
    Doormat I think you will find I posted a link and yes it named Chad - it is public record at the moment and unless there is a supression order regarding his identify which there is none at present I cant see the problem, so therefore I have stated facts - you have mention three others whos names now will be suspected but should you name them and get them wrong Norris is actually protecting you and reminding others not to make any unsubstantiated posts.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Doormat View Post
    Very clever back tracking Tara. Here is a part of the public record that you posted "He was arrested by police and subsequently issued a notice to appear in Sydney?s Downing Centre Local Court on Tuesday, September 9, charged with possessing a prohibited drug."

A total of 18 people were arrested during the incident. So like you l have stated the facts!

AND no, unlike you l did not mention any names READ MY POSTS!!!! But unlike you, l did suggest we offer support & not throw up crap like you know more.

BTW Is that public record your heading. Fool

Hey I never back traced and bad luck - you come here slinging as much mad and @@@@ at everyone and anyone as you can with little on no facts, obviously you cant take it hence why you hide behind your mask. So as for offering support sure but coming out of your mouth thats funny.

As for the heading did you or did you not end the season on a high after Chads BOG performance on Saturday?

Should change your name to Back track Tara
    And BTW what does "slinging as much mad" mean??? Got to get those marbles out of your mouth back track? And double BTW Its your facts remember!!

Quote Originally Posted by tara View Post
    Hey I never back traced and bad luck - you come here slinging as much mad and @@@@ at everyone and anyone as you can with little on no facts, obviously you cant take it hence why you hide behind your mask. So as for offering support sure but coming out of your mouth thats funny.

As for the heading did you or did you not end the season on a high after Chads BOG performance on Saturday?

Kind of over your debate guys. I agree with Ken that I am very glad I do not have a son at Balmain as end of season shindigs are a very easy place for people to go astray. Whether it is 1 or 18 people it is a bad look for Sydney footy but I guess the background of Fletcher's previous club leaves one wondering.

Balmain might find it even harder to get an U18s together next year worse luck

On the Rookie List
    And apparently playing somewhere in the Sydney League. Silly man.
    Run2Live,Live2Run

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar

I tent to agree with beameup, This could have drastic effects for recruiting 18's to a club already struggling with depth and a severe lack of young kids coming through. If i was a parent of an under 16 player, Balmain looks like a club i would not want to send my kid to. Drugs are around every footy club in Australia. No doubt about it. Must of been a great silly sunday at shockerland.

Hello......

This is a two bit competition we are talking about here. It is only because he is ex-AFL and because of his links to Benny Boy and the Weagles drug culture that this gets any press at all.

If it was any other non-AFL first grader then they'd get no press at all and have the same privacy as the other people arrested.

Do the math! One nightclub gets 18 charges on drug possession (exclude those who successfully disposed of their gear). Multiply that by the number of clubs in Sydney and you get a scale of the drug use.

It's not great press for the tigers but what did they expect when they recruited this bloke?

I don't really think SFL clubs owe the community anything re the "War against Drugs". Sure like any responsible organisation they should have a drug free environment and not tolerate an overt drug culture but the simple fact is that drugs will be a part of all clubs to some extent because a huge precentage of men in the 20 - 30 age group take drugs.

I personally think that the booze culture that is endemic at most football clubs is a lot more dangerous than a bit of blow in a nightclub anyway.....
    Last edited by Mug Punter; 24th August 2010 at 08:15 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast