Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Star Balmain recruit on a high after final game

Senior Player

Star Balmain recruit on a high after final game

Tara l hope you & all the others on RWO all show some compassion, as it will come out in the next couple of day that Chad & 3 other SAFL footballers (can't name club) have a problem with party drugs. This needs to be brought out into the open so we as a community can help these footballers & many young up & coming footballers. Hope the powers to be (NSW/ACT dont hide this away). These are real issues that need to be discussed. openly.
    Quote Originally Posted by tara View Post
    Last edited by Norris Lurker; 24th August 2010 at 03:50 PM. Reason: need to be careful with this one

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Doormat View Post
    Tara l hope you & all the others on RWO all show some compassion, as it will come out in the next couple of day that Chad & 3 other SAFL footballers (can't name club) have a problem with party drugs. This needs to be brought out into the open so we as a community can help these footballers & many young up & coming footballers. Hope the powers to be (NSW/ACT dont hide this away). These are real issues that need to be discussed. openly.
    Only three? Sorry Doormat drugs are rife in Sydney Football and pretty much in every other league or any other sport.
    Last edited by Norris Lurker; 24th August 2010 at 03:51 PM. Reason: quote edited post

Tara this is not a witch hunt settle down! Dont know about being rife in SAFL but I know of 3 others cant name the club the players are from, but l do know that they will deal with it. Just as we will deal & assist the individual. These players need help?

Only three? Sorry Doormat drugs are rife in Sydney Football and pretty much in every other league or any other sport.
    Last edited by Norris Lurker; 24th August 2010 at 03:57 PM. Reason: can't leave any clues as to their identity

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Let's just make the statement that drugs are rife.

I'd like to think we could support all those affected by substance addiction and abuse, not just the over-privileged professional and semi-professional athletes.

Chad Fletcher caught with his coke down

Chad Fletcher Drugs Charge | Kings Cross | West Coast Eagles

Obviously won't be watching Ben's doco.

Still using after all these years.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Almost Football Legend
    I have absolutely no doubt that Chad isn't the only Sydney AFL player to have taken recreational drugs, and even the 3 others Doormat knows of are quite possibly the tip of the iceberg.

But a quick moderator note at this point to state that I will not tolerate naming names. Discuss the issue by all means, it's a topic that should be discussed. But anyone naming players directly or by obvious inference will see the thread being locked and infractions issued.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Senior Player
    Doormat I never said anthing about a witchhunt and you never mentioned in your first post the three were with him so I took it that you meant three other would come out in the next few days as having problems - I dont subscribe to the whole problem thing nor do I believe that what I said is wrong regarding drugs being rife in sport - put it this way 20 years ago when I got my first tattoo there wernt all that many people getting them - fast forward to today and theve become so mainstream its unusal for younger people not to have one, the same can be said of drugs - society has changed.

Yet again Norris you're censoring the facts. pity my name isn't PK, tara etc. They just go unchecked dont they!

Tara started the thread AND NAMED CHAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! who is he linked to Balmain. But you allow that to go through facts are that there is another 3 SAFL footballers I never once indicated who they were or where they come from. BUT everyone now knows re Chad/Balmain. Cant wait when the other club is exposed. You'll find me singing.

Quote Originally Posted by Norris Lurker View Post
    I have absolutely no doubt that Chad isn't the only Sydney AFL player to have taken recreational drugs, and even the 3 others Doormat knows of are quite possibly the tip of the iceberg.

But a quick moderator note at this point to state that I will not tolerate naming names. Discuss the issue by all means, it's a topic that should be discussed. But anyone naming players directly or by obvious inference will see the thread being locked and infractions issued.
    Last edited by Norris Lurker; 24th August 2010 at 05:06 PM.

Yet again Norris you're censoring the facts. pity my name isn't PK, tara etc. They just go unchecked dont they!

Tara started the thread AND NAMED CHAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I believe Norris was pointing out Rule 7a of RWO - "The Moderator / Administrator group will keep a very close eye on threads discussing rumours or anything that could be potentially libellous." One person has been named in the media, but RWO is not the place to voice rumours and accusations.

The OP links to the news story that Chad has been arrested for drugs charges, which in my opinion raises the sad point that for every success story ala Ben Cousins there are those that fail to recover or rehabilitate.
    Last edited by laughingnome; 24th August 2010 at 04:57 PM.
    10100111001 ;-)

Senior Player

Tara started the thread AND NAMED CHAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! who is he linked to Balmain. But you allow that to go through facts are that there is another 3 SAFL footballers I never once indicated who they were or where they come from. BUT everyone now knows re Chad/Balmain. Cant wait when the other club is exposed. You'll find me singing.
    Doormat I think you will find I posted a link and yes it named Chad - it is public record at the moment and unless there is a supression order regarding his identify which there is none at present I cant see the problem, so therefore I have stated facts - you have mention three others whos names now will be suspected but should you name them and get them wrong Norris is actually protecting you and reminding others not to make any unsubstantiated posts.
    Last edited by Norris Lurker; 24th August 2010 at 05:07 PM.

Doormat I never said anthing about a witchhunt and you never mentioned in your first post the three were with him so I took it that you meant three other would come out in the next few days as having problems - I dont subscribe to the whole problem thing nor do I believe that what I said is wrong regarding drugs being rife in sport - put it this way 20 years ago when I got my first tattoo there wernt all that many people getting them - fast forward to today and theve become so mainstream its unusal for younger people not to have one, the same can be said of drugs - society has changed.
    I don't care if society has changed. It's not illegal to get a tattoo.

Drugs aren't widespread in sport. They are widespread in life. It just seems more acceptable for musicians to be caught in nightclub toilets than football personalities.
    That said, it's not a good look for the club, especially with their under 18's situations.

I don't have a young kid at the Balmain footy club, but if I did I wouldn't be impressed.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast