Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sam Reid Debut

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    I wonder how much Brisbane knew about Reid, give he was originally named as an emergency Merrett certainly didn't give him much respect.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Impressive debut. And can confuse oppositions further by popping up anywhere on the ground, including the odd ruck (but not centre bounce at this stage). The loss of LRT needn't hurt quite so much with this added option. And Reg and Teddy continue on their merry way.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    Impressive debut. And can confuse oppositions further by popping up anywhere on the ground, including the odd ruck (but not centre bounce at this stage). The loss of LRT needn't hurt quite so much with this added option. And Reg and Teddy continue on their merry way.
    Exactly!!!! These 2 are getting very little recognition in the media at the moment. There respective performances in the last month has been phenominal(sp?). Can anyone tell me how many goals Super Ted has conceded to his direct opponent in the last month? Me thinks its not many.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    I wonder how much Brisbane knew about Reid, give he was originally named as an emergency Merrett certainly didn't give him much respect.
    About as much as you lot knew !

And all this excitement is probably why Roosy has held his debut back, he is after all still a kid whose body is still growing. A few deep breaths are probably in order around about now, and let him get on with his next preseason knowing he is going to be an AFL player, not might be.
    Last edited by Primmy; 30th August 2010 at 02:21 PM.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Senior Player
    He looked remarkably composed for a teenage debutant. We sure have been blessed this year with our first-gamers - Jetta, Rohan, TDL. The future is looking quite tantalising.
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

Memo to Selectors..... Take a chance guys for once and leave him in this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    toldyers, toldyers, toldyers.....keeper.

the shoulders happened about half way through the season, ORB and I stopped calling him Weed around about then. I think muscle development happened.

I'm a proud Reid bandwagoner, which shows some of us have been listening to you, Primmy.

I won't be making a habit of it, but shows it can happen....
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Memo to Selectors..... Take a chance guys for once and leave him in this week.
    I would say "No Chance" but I hope I am wrong. He got selected because of the injuries and consequent withdrawals. He was never down to play originally.But for the injuries,we would have not seen him this year and I believe there was no intent on the part of the coaches to play him.They appear to have no development policy for young players. Circumstance forced it on them.As far as preparing a young player for a Final it comes way too late.We can't afford the 2nd game blues or the ups and downs of a debut during Finals time. I actually agree with the conservatives and "coaches know best" brigade on here that in a Finals , the hard attack on the body might be a bit much for an 18 year old in his second game. Leave him till next year!

Also....what must Lewis Johnston be thinking?

Sam Reid Debut

Quote Originally Posted by johnno View Post
    Hopefully he's thinking I really need to work my arse off and do everything the coaches want of me and the opportunities will come.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by johnno View Post
    "Maybe its time I kissed a Horses Ass?"

Sam Reid Debut

Quote Originally Posted by Hartijon View Post
    "Maybe its time I kissed a Horses Ass?"
    Probably better if he spoke to Longmire instead.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast