Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sam Reid Debut

Blog Entries

Cool Sam Reid Debut

I had to text someone to find out who #20 (Thanks LK), after his first contested mark.
    I guessed it was him but wasn't sure.

Great game for a debut. Given the Reid the weed comments from the reserves gallery, I thought he'd be much skinnier.

Anyway, just thought I'd mention that I liked the look of him.
    Be interesting to see if he can hold his spot for this week.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    ....Given the Reid the weed comments from the reserves gallery, I thought he'd be much skinnier.
    Please don't credit the 'Reid the Weed' nic with all the ressie watchers.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    Please don't credit the 'Reid the Weed' nic with all the ressie watchers.
    So what do you call him 3b?

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    So what do you call him 3b?
    Sam. What else?

I had the absolute pleasure to watch a ressies game with his mother about 6 weeks back. We stood behind her waiting for the members gates to open and she got chatty with the Minister for War and Finance. When she said she was just watching the game alone from the Ladies Stand, the Minister invited her to sit with us in the Noble. She had no idea she could go up there with her pass (a normal Red Zone pass).

I asked her what was his nickname and she said 'Nothing special, just Reidy'.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Veterans List
    I'm a White supporter, but Reid showed White up in his first game by 1) constantly getting to contests, 2) marking it when he got there and 3) showing a general sense of urgency about his footy. Suspect White will withstand the challenge but at least Reid has given the selectors food for thought. Well played young fella!

Looked fantastic. Should hold his spot based on his output during the game, but will be one of three to make way for Mumford, Kennelly and Hanneberry. Very much look forward to watching himm in 2011 and beyond.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    Sam. What else?
    I had the absolute pleasure to watch a ressies game with his mother about 6 weeks back. We stood behind her waiting for the members gates to open and she got chatty with the Minister for War and Finance. When she said she was just watching the game alone from the Ladies Stand, the Minister invited her to sit with us in the Noble. She had no idea she could go up there with her pass (a normal Red Zone pass).

I asked her what was his nickname and she said 'Nothing special, just Reidy'.
    Wow, that's inventive. L O L!!
    Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    I'm a White supporter, but Reid showed White up in his first game by 1) constantly getting to contests, 2) marking it when he got there and 3) showing a general sense of urgency about his footy. Suspect White will withstand the challenge but at least Reid has given the selectors food for thought. Well played young fella!
    Could be a matter of the lions underestimating him.
    White is a known player at senior level now, although he doesn't have a big rep, he will always get the top defender whilst he is our #1 big forward.
    Reid was possibly a surprise packet for the lions. He was for me anyway.

I was amazed with his composure....only 18 and handled his first game with aplomb. Love those shoulders...always thought I was a bum appreciator .
    "The Dog days are over, The Dog days are gone" Florence and the Machine

toldyers, toldyers, toldyers.....keeper.

the shoulders happened about half way through the season, ORB and I stopped calling him Weed around about then. I think muscle development happened.
    Last edited by Primmy; 30th August 2010 at 11:13 AM.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Drummoyne..INNER WEST BABY!! (Bay 29 SCG)
    He's going to a beast once he puts even more muscle.
    Official Driver Of The "Who Gives A @@@@ As The Player Will Get Delisted Anyway" Bandwagon.

Sam Reid is basically the reason for the "White's future" thread. He is everything a CHF should be: tall, quick, fit, long arms, giant leap, and hands like buckets.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BSA5 View Post
    Sam Reid is basically the reason for the "White's future" thread. He is everything a CHF should be: tall, quick, fit, long arms, giant leap, and hands like buckets.
    and this is what the commentators kept saying. If it was a choice between White and Reid they would be choosing Reid. And Lynch probably knows a few things about forwards.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast