Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Belief

Testify!!
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Belief

Quote Originally Posted by Bas View Post
    Big Al, I thought you may have been repeating yesterday when you couldn't get the ticket.
    It did involve a lot of the same words I'll admit.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Yeah, I believe we can shove it up the critics yet again... after we lost to Melbourne, Sydney-hater Mike Sheehan said 'I think what we saw today was one team on the way up, and another team on the way down (Sydney)'... Yeah Mike? How about a Premiership Cup... is that down enough for ya??!!

GO SWANIES!!

Quote Originally Posted by legaff View Post
    ...Sydney-hater Mike Sheehan said 'I think what we saw today was one team on the way up, and another team on the way down (Sydney)'...
    ????

Mike Sheahan has sung the Sydney praises nearly all year on OTC.

I'd put him more towards a Sydney sympathiser then a Sydney hater.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Belief

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    ????

Mike Sheahan has sung the Sydney praises nearly all year on OTC.

I'd put him more towards a Sydney sympathiser then a Sydney hater.
    Yep. He has a soft spot for the Swans. He's always said that 2005 is his favorite GF so he's a hardly a Swans hater.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Belief

Yeah, I believe we can shove it up the critics yet again... after we lost to Melbourne, Sydney-hater Mike Sheehan said 'I think what we saw today was one team on the way up, and another team on the way down (Sydney)'... Yeah Mike? How about a Premiership Cup... is that down enough for ya??!!

GO SWANIES!!
    Tell me, after you watched the Melb match were you positive about us having a real crack at the premiership this year?

If you were I'd like to have some of what you're on.

Mike Sheehan likes the Swans so much that he's almost a supporter.
    Occupational hazards:
    I don't eat animals since discovering this ability. I used to. But one day the lamb I was eating came through to me and ever since then I haven't been able to eat meat.
    - animal psychic Amanda de Warren

Quote Originally Posted by TheHood View Post
    In 2005 and 2006 we used to beat every team by 40 points with devestating bursts of 6 and 8 goals. This isnt the 2005 team.
    Recall four of our last five wins - a big scoring quarter in each game and a final margin of .... yep, about 40 pts.
    Last edited by cruiser; 31st August 2010 at 09:42 PM.
    Occupational hazards:
    I don't eat animals since discovering this ability. I used to. But one day the lamb I was eating came through to me and ever since then I haven't been able to eat meat.
    - animal psychic Amanda de Warren

Dont really watch On the Couch, but I do seem to remember him tipping us for the wooden spoon on several occasions, including 03' I think... i've just always had that impression but maybe i'm wrong... Anw, not many pundits will give us a chance this year, and we will stick it to them when we beat the Pies in the GF!

Quote Originally Posted by cruiser View Post
    Mike Sheehan likes the Swans so much that he's almost a supporter.
    You would be correct on that, if he supports anyone it is the Swans.

DST
    "Looking forward to a rebuilt, new, fast and exciting Swans model in 2010"

Dont really watch On the Couch, but I do seem to remember him tipping us for the wooden spoon on several occasions, including 03' I think... i've just always had that impression but maybe i'm wrong... Anw, not many pundits will give us a chance this year, and we will stick it to them when we beat the Pies in the GF!
    I think you may be confusing Sheahan with Throbbie Balls. Who is a total knob, and did predict us to be wooden spooners in 03, and has always been quick to put us down.

As for beating the pies in a GF, I do not want to play them in a GF; ever! I could think of nothing worse than having to share a stadium that holds 100,000 and over half of them are illiterate, toothless, tattooed, lazy welfare recipient, bourbon swilling, ferals.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor J. View Post

As for beating the pies in a GF, I do not want to play them in a GF; ever! I could think of nothing worse than having to share a stadium that holds 100,000 and over half of them are illiterate, toothless, tattooed, lazy welfare recipient, bourbon swilling, ferals.
    You don't have to worry about that in a GF as only about 10% of the crowd are club followers. It would be interesting to see whether the non-committed would be pro-Victorian or anti-Collingwood.

A preliminary final on the other hand would see 90,000+ ferals. Would be interesting, if a little scary, to see a Swans win in that situation.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast