Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Three Swans in AA 40 man squad...

Malceski's deserves his spot. If anything I am surprised about Goodes' inclusion. It hasn't exactly been his best year.
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

I feel sorry for Reg. He has been one of the competitions premier defenders this year IMO

Quote Originally Posted by hammo View Post
    Malceski's deserves his spot. If anything I am surprised about Goodes' inclusion. It hasn't exactly been his best year.
    Yeah, me too. His numbers still read pretty well though. Doubt he'll make the 22.

Best effort from the selectors for a while but I'm not a fan of the award.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Can you be picked in the AA if you have received a suspension, ala Brownlow, Rising star?
    Reason being, I thought Martin had a much better year than Deledio.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    Can you be picked in the AA if you have received a suspension, ala Brownlow, Rising star?
    Reason being, I thought Martin had a much better year than Deledio.
    Yeah you can.

Few people questioning Deledio's inclusion but I thought he was excellent across half-back. I'm a big fan, better player than he he gets credit for in my opinion.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by hammo View Post
    Check the numbers - 40 goals and third highest in comp for marks AS WELL AS I50, contested possies and other numbers that would pls most midfielders. Much better year than most people have given him credit for.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    Goodes, Eski and Mummy named in 40 man All-Australian squad.

All Australian Squad
    Mummy would be a certainty, the other two are outside chances.

Veterans List
    That AFL Gravy Train gets bigger by the year.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by top40 View Post
    Mummy would be a certainty, the other two are outside chances.
    Mummy is no certainty. Sandilands is a certainty, and if they decide to go with another ruckman, I think Jamar will get the nod. (I would give Jamar the nod - he's been fantastic all year.)

Malceski has been good this year but I think Sam Gilbert has been better, playing a not dissimilar role. Gilbert is incredibly stiff to miss the squad, and the final team too. I doubt Mal will make the cut.

I can see Goodsey being slotted onto the interchange bench as a token representative from the team that's finished 5th, even though it's not been his best season.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12