Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122

Thread: Elimination Final, AFL 2010 Swans V Carlton: Gameday & Autopsy

Quote Originally Posted by BigD View Post
    ....And we won despite the most biased umpiring performance I've ever seen
    You've got to be kidding.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Watched the replay, gee our 3rd qtr was poor, was like we were stuck in the mud at the clearances.
    Can't afford to drift out like that again next week.

After watching replay, just want to say Great Game - so impressed with the way the Swans played. They really stepped up to the intensity of finals football with lighting run on play and intense tackling. I can't recall them playing with that intensity since 2006. It's a bit of joke the way the press and Carlton supporters blame the loss on their missed opportunities and seem oblivious to the number of times the Swans hit the post or how well we played. Even in Q3 when momentum was with Carlton, there were several scoring opportunities that could have stopped their run. One in particular where the ball bounced on the goal line and then directly backwards into play. Also in the first half there were many passages where luck was against us and we could have been 8 up at half time - that interchange incident for example.

Anyway, the young players have now experienced extreme finals footy and if they can all come out like that against the Doggies it will be sweet. Looking Good.

Just something else I remembered from the game...

Did anybody else think TDL went a little too close for comfort to the goal line when running into the open goal to level the scores???

For a minute there, I thought he was so excited he was going to forget to kick the bloody thing. We saw earlier in the year with Shannon Byrnes that goal scumps can make huge blunders, so in future TDL, kick the bloody thing from 2 metres rather than 20 cms!!!!!
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    Just something else I remembered from the game...

Did anybody else think TDL went a little too close for comfort to the goal line when running into the open goal to level the scores???

For a minute there, I thought he was so excited he was going to forget to kick the bloody thing. We saw earlier in the year with Shannon Byrnes that goal scumps can make huge blunders, so in future TDL, kick the bloody thing from 2 metres rather than 20 cms!!!!!
    I had the same momentary anxiety - then I thought he might know what he is doing better than I do. So OK in the end.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Looked fine to me

http://imgur.com/0oHCJ.png

I liked how he took ran towards goal after being second to the ball. Most players would have hovered around the pack trying to lock the ball in.
    Last edited by ugg; 7th September 2010 at 12:53 PM.

I watched it again last night.

Mummy's slam into I think it was Handley (?) five minutes before the end of the first was just beautiful.

Dead set, if you see him coming ... move out of the way.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

What is it about our 3rd quarters?

We've won 7 3rd quarters & 17 4th quarters in 2010. (& it's not a new thing)

Sydney Team Page - FinalSiren.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Richards View Post
    Nice Pic. Would have preferred flowers though.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    You've got to be kidding.
    Maybe that was a bit harsh, but I just felt that we were getting shafted regualarly as far as HTB and ITB decisions went.
    Red & White forever.

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122